Species Identification

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I posted a pic of this little beast last night because it ate an ANOLE. Here is a better pic of it now that it is well fed and happy. I wanted its species to be identified by you experts. It was sold to me as a Lasiodora Parahybana. I am skeptikal of that though.

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a couple of L. parahybana that look nothing like that. Of course, they are smaller than a dime, so I'm really no help.

Botar

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why are you skeptical, looks like one to me.

Baby spiders typically look pretty different from adults or juv. until they get their full colors.

Pauly

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brazilian Salmon Pink!!

Well Brazilian Salmon Pink it is,,!!! as thats what mine is but just is alittle larger.. Have fun they are great Ts.. And eat like pigs to.. ;P ;P :D =D

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
that totally rocks. how'd the anole get in there? ;)
i heard from a guy who's pretty smart about these things that a picture is the hardest way to determine what kind of spider you have...i hope it molts out to something really distinctive so you can get a better idea. cool T in any event.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If yours isn't a parahybana, then mine isn't, so I guess it's a parahybana...:D
Mine is about two molts ahead of you, getting the adult coloration of a parahybana. when it was about the same size as yours it looked exactly like your pic. One of my favourite spiders because of the growth rate, voracious eating and beauty. Good luck with him/her!
greetz,
Joost

btw: I have some pictures of mine developed, should be ready tomorrow, see if I can scan one.