Species characteristics

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am looking to buy a B. boehmei and/or an A. versicolor...Can you guys give me info on these 2 species? Maybe their characteristics, personality, etc...? Thank you.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The versi is a little skittish but nondefensive. Mine has a very sweet disposition and will allow me to hold her. She has shown me her fangs once but that is because I was messing with her cage and she was in premolt and didn't want me there.

The boehmi will flick hairs pretty quick but over all, is pretty laid back. I've handled mine but it's still a sling and that will probably change down the road.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
U wont handle the B.Boehmi too much later? It gets mean? lol, and the versi is nice? I expected it to be the other way around, lol...do either burrow?

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Neither of them are "mean," it's just that the boehmei is a little nervous and will not hesitate to flick hairs. The versi isn't likely to flick hairs, but if youmake it the slightest bit afraid it will bolt, and they are quick when they run.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can anyone show me pics of each of these species? I dont need pics of the B.boehmei, I know what they look like. I would like to see pics of the
Avic avic, and the A.versi

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On the top navigation bar click on arachnogallery, then go to seach images. You will find tons of pictures :). I use that function very often.

Peace