Soon to be

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey.... i went to a local petshop tonight and they had the normal couple of rosies and a curly....but then something caught my eye....i was like.....there is no way that is a cobalt blue!...sure enough it was a young one and the guy also showed me a newly recieved Usambara....i could hardly contain myself.....so i think im going to get a few T's in a short while.....but im thinking about geting them from Kelly Swift.........

so here's my question.....could some 1 give me an idea what i should i get for a freebie if i were to order form Swifty?...so that i can be prepared

im pretty set that i want a GBB and an Usambara....i just cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

Arachnopeon
how does this freebie thing work? is it on his site? ill go check it out to see if i missed something.....

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
The freebie is for Kelly to decide. He usually gives out B. vagans.
I have ordered from Kelly three times and have never received a B. vagans as a freebie. I have received a B. angustum, a Aphonopelma sp. New Mexican Blonde, and a Cyrtophylis porporicae.

However, don't underestimate the B. vagans just because they are so inexpensive. They are really beautiful, moreso in person than in picture. Mine is as gentle as can be.

Jon

Oh, and a GBB is a Greenbottle Blue aka Chromatapelma cyanopubecens.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The freebie must be seasonal then. I ordered from him 4 times before and I got B. vagans everytime, not that it's a bad thing or anything. The reason I presumed that B. vagans were the usual freebie was because I have noticed other people saying that they also got B. vagans for freebies and I got B. vagans everytime I got an order. Anyhow, maybe next time I'll get something else. Who knows...

Edited: By the way, B. vagans are beautiful and gentle little creatures, aren't they? I love mine so much.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Where can I find the site to place my order?

Ðennis

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Acoop,

Just a small note. Are you just starting out? If you are then I really wouldn't suggest a cobalt or an usambara. Cobalts because of their high demands for care and usambara's because of their sufficient lack of sanity. If you're not a beginner then cool deal, I just wasn't sure since you haven't stated. Anyhow, yeah as they said Kelly will decide what he gives for a freebie. By the way, EXCELLENT quote for your sig! God does indeed reign. :cool: :D

In Him,
Marcus

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I think it's whatever Kelly has in stock, and may in some way be related to what you're ordering. In other words, I doubt he'd send an Usambara freebie to someone ordering B albopilosum, and B emilia.
Just a guess though. I ordered A geniculata, L parahybana, B ruhnaui, and got E rufescens as the freebie.
Whatever, it's an awesome sales tool, and he also sends out pinheads, which is nice. However, having no experience with the little buggers, they escaped (the crickets, not the ts!) all over the room LOL

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
I just got my Greenbottle Blue about 30 minutes ago and the freebie was a Honduran Curlyhair (Brachypelma albopilosum). Cute li'l bugger. My GF kind of freaked. "TWO Spiders?" Also a vial of tiny cricks.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
B. albo's are awesome. I love mine, verocious eaters and slow growing, but rather bulky. Great temperment, can get skittesh but tolerate a whole lot. Beside's my A. versicolor, she's my favorite handling T.

In Him,
Marcus

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey....

ephesians....wasup?.....yea i didnt state whenther i was a starter or not..... i'm not really a starter, but im not an expert.....i only have 2 T's right now.... but i am very confident that i can handle an usambara(i may think different once i get 1).
but anyway.....its great to meet members of the army of Christ!

i just cannot wait to get more!...this thing is too addictive

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
The freebie is for Kelly to decide. He usually gives out B. vagans.
Or, something else..:D
Peace,
Gillian

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its great to meet members of the army of Christ!
I agree, always a pleasure!

i just cannot wait to get more!...this thing is too addictive
Yeah this stuff is worse than crack. Trust me...lol. Hey, I wasn't always saved. Thank the Lord for my salvation! Anyway, Usambara's are great as long as you don't get your fingers near them. They aren't agressive, just extremely defensive. I can leave the lid off of mine while feeding and not have to worry about a thing. They stay in their territory. Very hardy as well, dry environment and mid humidity. Anyway, good luck!

In Him,
Marcus