something strange

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok first of all we have a couple emps at the store I work at. The larger one is fine and nothing is going on with him. The smaller one however worries me. He seems lethargic and almost uncoordinated. If I touch him, he does something similar to tail wagging seen in some species except it seems more..."wild" i guess is the word to use. When he's on my hand, he turned his telson sideways and rubbed it against my palm. Another thing he does is stretch out his tail for a few minutes before curling it back. I don't know if he's eating or not and there was a couple days I was sure he was going to die but this has been going on for two weeks now. Has anyone had any experience like this in emps?

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is the scorpion fat and needing to molt? Could just be stressed about something. I figure there isn't enough substrate to burrow? Best of luck, could be a lot of things.

Mike

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no there's not enough substrate and no he's not fat. I've never had one do that before at the store.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpions are photophobic, so if hes out in the open I'm sure any light isn't doing much good. If he can't burrow he may also be a little dry, how is humidity?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I make sure the humidity is fine though it can be as low as 60% if the other (stupid) coworkers of mine get lazy. They had just never acted this way before so I was just curious and they do have a log to retreat to and away from the light.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well crud. I took a close look at the little guy today and I saw a mite or two run across him. I also saw mycosis between the metatarsal segments. Today his tail was stretched out and I picked him up by the tail to check him over (resulting in the mite spotting) and the poor thing couldn't even pull himself up to grab me. The larger one is still acting okay but he probably has mites as well but I saw no evidence of mycosis at a glance.

Edit: Well I did a search and couldn't find any threads on treating mites but I know there are some out there. Was it vinegar that I should use? If show how and how often should I apply it?