something odd...

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Something happened last night, whilst I was cleaning teensy PZB vials. I was getting to the end of them, when all this happened. I was using a magnifying glass, so I wouldn't miss any. I got to this one vial, and was gently picking out bits of peat, and then stopping, to check on the position of this one sling.
Finally, I go to the bottom. No sling. I spent a good 10 minutes, carefully picking through the leftover bits, looking for the sling. No sling. "Hmmm..must've accidentally picked it out at some point." I thought. So, I go to wash the vial out. Much to my horror, I look down, and there is a sling, floating in the water. Screaming, I fish it out.
I ran for the kitchen, and the paper towels. I gently laid it down, and patted a towel on top, with the brush, carefully. I then uncovered it, and VERY gently, blew bursts of air on it. Soon, it's legs uncurled, and it tried to walk. Fearing my clumsy human fingers would hurt it, I scooped it up on the very tip of the paintbrush, and gently laid it in the vial.
Fearing the worst, I moved on. Then, consecutively, the next two exhibited starnge behavior. Being extra paranoid, after the "swimmer", I gently heralded each of the remaining two, into holding vials, whilst I cleaned. They were fine, except for something strange. One jumped, and fell approximately 6 inches to the glass aquarium below. Curled up, I was crushed at its appearance. Once again, I gently laid it in its vial, where it lay curled up.
Onto the second one. This one, although perfectly fine once in the back-up vial, all of a sudden curls up, and looked dead. After lighting a candle for them, and praying most feverently, I checked this morning.
All appear fine! I know anything can happen, but I'm in shock. Could the third have been scared, and played dead? As for the others..Wow..
Peace,
Gillian

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sounds odd....maybe they were playing horrible t jokes on you or something...seems like your slings have a sense of humor :p

Risto

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so glad their ok. :)

I know working with our smallest. The indian violet which is still too small to even show up good taking a picture.. a lil blackish purply blobish thing shows up LOL...
Working with her is a hold your breath deal.
I Literly hold my breath, half afraid if I breath I'll blow the little bug into a corner of the aquarium I use to work In with the little ones and not find her.

She still "wrestling" with pinheads. Realy wrestling. I usualy stun the little suckers before I give them to her. Whack them with the paint brush a few times.

Ya know you love T's when you spend so much money on something So tiny so you can have a heart attack everytime ya work with it. LOL.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Nixy,
Try small mealworms, chopped up. I'd rather feed cricks, but pins are impossible to come by around here. When I do find them, they are WAY too big..
Peace,
Gillian
p.s., I agree about the tiny t's....:)