Someone Please Answer

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i just looked at my emp. scorpion right now and he has some kind of white stuff on his right pincer. it looks to me like a fungus type of thing but i dont think so because an hour ago he didnt have that. i can best describe it as maybe dry looking stuff layered on part of his pincers. i just through in a cricket about 2 hours ago and im sure he ate it already, so it might be the guts or something? ill put up a pic as soon as i can get a good one. but plaese give me an answer or guess.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
More than likely its poo, scorp poo looks like white slop, kinda' like bird poo.

The first time I ever seen it, I had a Heterometrus in an empty plastic critter keeper I went outside and came back in and there was white stuff all over the walls and floor I freaked as I didn't know what it was.

Their anus is at the end of their tail, and they could just fling poo on their claws.
This pic shows the anus, it is a little swolen but you can see where it is better.:D

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
More than likely its poo, scorp poo looks like white slop, kinda' like bird poo.

The first time I ever seen it, I had a Heterometrus in an empty plastic critter keeper I went outside and came back in and there was white stuff all over the walls and floor I freaked as I didn't know what it was.

Their anus is at the end of their tail, and they could just fling poo on their claws.
This pic shows the anus, it is a little swolen but you can see where it is better.:D
okay:? well should i just leave it on there for him to take it off or what?

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It'll be fine, it sounds like it's fecal matter to me too. If you try to scrub it off it will just stress the scorpion out. Depending on your substrate it will wear off after a while. We all get poo on our hands every now and then.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it should just come off naturally but if it is blocking the end near the sting you should wash it off. To wash mine off the one time I got a shallow bowl with room temp water and put the scorp in for a soak then rubbed it off with a Q-tip (cotton swab)

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it should just come off naturally but if it is blocking the end near the sting you should wash it off. To wash mine off the one time I got a shallow bowl with room temp water and put the scorp in for a soak then rubbed it off with a Q-tip (cotton swab)
no its all good, its only on his right pincer and a little on his left, but none near the stinger. anway Thanks everyone i feel a lot better. just another noob situation i guess:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol

i just thought it might be like one of mine. just found out last night, almost possible pockets on my emps body are filled with eggs. i'm thinking it must be mite's eggs. it's really disgusting so what i did is place my emp in plastic glass & let water run on it. i sun dried the enclosure & place my emp in a fish bowl with dry sand...whew!!!