Some questions.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was feeding my Ts earlier. I noticed a strange noise that sounded like a wind up toy or sandpaper rubbed on a rough surface. I've been hearing that noise quite often especially at nightwhen all of my inverts are active. It is only now that I was able the isolate the area where its coming from. The problem is there are three Ts on that particular shelf.

C. huahini
C. guangxiensis
H. gigas

Which of this species are known to stridulate?

Next, my C. fasciatum enclosed itself in a web capsule. I already knew that it is already on pre-molt. But I got a little concerned because it's aready 6 weeks and the T hasn't gone out. It did the same thing last time it molted, but it took only 3 weeks. I'm getting worried.

Should I dig a hole in the web and take a peek? Or just wait? If so, how much longer should I wait?

BTW, it was already 4" or 10cm before it went on pre-molt.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Should I dig a hole in the web and take a peek?
Never, ever do this. Ever. It could be molting *right now* and you going in there would seriously injure it. :embarrassed: If it's dead, nothing you can do about it, so you may as well wait until it either comes out or the tank starts to smell.

Ts take longer as they grow. It may just be relaxing in post-molt, but will come out when it is good and ready and not a moment sooner. It doesn't need human help. :)

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OK. Good thing I asked first. I've been trying to sniff the enclosure, no bad decaying smell. So I guess everything is fine for now.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
All those species you listed will stridulate. Could have been any of the three.

-Sean