Some pics

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Lasiodora
Hey Atrax,
I got that smithi from Tommyspiders. I'm hoping I can get some more of those. I would give you a price but it brings back bad memories:) .
P.S I also have a P.penderseni
Mike
Heh, I remember when you bought that thing. As far as I know, I think you got the last one from Tommy...

Scott

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man, the things I miss out on here. The hobby seems quite popular here among the..ummm...hobbyists, you'd think the local exotics dealers would get a clue and bring a decent stock of inverts to the reptile shows. But nnnnooooOOOOOooo. Why should there be anything but rosies available to the invert hobbyists? Rosies are great and all but I already have 4. How about one of the other 799 species of T for once?
I can't wait for the ATS conference. *sigh*

Atrax

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really nice spiders, Mike.
I have a Hercules that just molted and we are going to put it into a bigger cage this coming weekend. You have me intrigued now on the abdomen. Like you said they stay underground and I can't wait to see its size now. Got to love your Nhandu, I sure love mine. The B.klassi is a doll!:D

Becky

P.S. and of course I love your pokes!

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
Heh, I remember when you bought that thing. As far as I know, I think you got the last one from Tommy...

Scott
Scott, Lol, that was the last one. I was only getting a pendersons that day. Then I saw the smithi. I couldn't resist.

Becky,
That has to be the wierdest shaped abdomen I've seen on a T. That's what I find so interesting about them.
Mike

Last edited:

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think I'm going to have to go with Code, even if I don't own it -- I absolutely love the look of that N. coloratovillosus.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
2 pic updates. First off is the Phormictopus:

Last edited:

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Last pic. This is my female P.smithi. I give everyone who has taken pokie pics a lot of respect. Getting her to feel comfortable out in the open was difficult (the lighting was also an issue). She was very patient with me though and never showed any sign of aggression (she did dart away from me a couple of times:) )

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
#2 It's a little blurry, but it shows off her colors well. Taking macro shots without a stand is almost impossible.

Attachments

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

wow that P. smithi is really something.

good luck with it, find it a male when it matures, I know it'll be hard. expose them alittle.

have a nice day

geo

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. smithi

P. smithi, once very common in Europe, have rarely been available in the states. Spiderlings were imported in 2001 and only a few have made it here since. It is believed by some that the natural habitat of P. smithi was destroyed due to fire. P. smithi should be reserved for private breeders, those who already have them in their collections as captive breeding is critical to the survival of this beautiful species.

N-Joy
Art

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't worry Art she's in good hands:) .
She's not ready for breeding though. Maybe in a year.
Mike

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some more pics:
First up is my versicolor on my earthstar plant.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The more I see pics of pokes... of ANY sort... the more I wish I wernt so deathly afraid of their venom:(

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
New addition

I picked up two of these little guys at the hamburg show. I hope to post better pics of them when I borrow a better digital and i'll update the pics of my other stuff. In the meantime here's the T.apophysis
Mike

Last edited: