New Tank for the Milli's

S.cingulata /Griechenland

S.cingulata / Kroatien

Regards
Jürgen

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Love the millipede tank!!!! Is that large piece of wood in there? You truly have a gift for designing a beautiful and realistic living environment for these creatures.
If you have any tips on Millipede enclosures let me know!

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jurgen, do you sterilize everything you put into the enclosure? I have been boiling rocks, skulls and avoiding local, wild caught prey. I don't know how I would sterilize pieces of wood. Am I being too paranoid?

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey!

No i sterilize anything in my enclosures.I take all things out of the wood and look for some parasites or so but no sterilizing.With sterilizing you would destroy the moss and the microklima.

@kasha: yes these are pieces of wood from the forest.
Thanks for the compliments :worship:

regards
Jürgen

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very interesting pics:cool: ! Thanks allot! I still have slow dial-up service for my computer so, after clicking on the thread, mowing the lawn and taking a shower, I was finally able to see all your pics. Your S. heros heros set up looks like mine. I actually thought I was looking at my camera software at first! I said to my self, "I don't remember putting two heros together." Let us know if you get baby heros. You sure have allot of pedes.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cute little cingulata you got there :). Do you know where it comes from?

phil.

zinto

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are the pedes actually in the pictures? We could do a "Where's Waldo?" type thing. :D