Some people just dont know...

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, So my science techer has a Sub-adult T.Blondi(Dont ask me why. I told him to go with a rosie.) He wanted to hold it...Now its about 5' or so. So I thought about the hairs but I didnt tell him about it. Now like the rest of my class knows nothing about tarantulas, they wanted to see Mr.Ritter hold it... Now with all of their heads and a pair of hands coming at you, dont you think you would flick a few hairs;) :eek: :rolleyes: :D everyone was sneezing and itching....And they still dont know what happend, till Ritter looked it up online...What a @*#& @$$

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm..has a T. Blondi and he doesnt know what urticating hairs are? :eek:
Oh man.. give him a care sheet or something.. i feel sorry for him... lol ;)
Specially if he wants to freakin hold one..oh man..

Ian

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh man.. i bet you sat there n laughed your ass off the whole time they were sittin their wondering what the hell was going on huh;P
But seriously.. why did he get a blondi? Has he had any T's other than that?

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nope. I am really the freak of my whole school.. I keep tarantulas. I spend most of my time on the computer, im pale, long hair. It is very funny though. He just went out and baught a Blondi, no care sheets. I told him what to put in the tank though. Now that he has a giant T. I looked at the underside and it looks female. So its gonna be there for a long time if he takes care of it. And no 'bad' molts happen:)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know, I wish you'd said something. Obviously it was total ignorance on your teacher's part but it sounds like the whole thing ended up stressing the blondi out and making tarantulas look bad--yet again.

kellygirl

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nah.. its making the teacher / students look not so smart.. if he bought a T. Blondi he should have made some kind of effort to realize its a hair kicker and its skittish and such... and then letting the students get close to the cage and sit there close to it watching him reach to get it.. i woulda let him get kicked at just to make him realize it isnt a play toy n everything
But er, seriously get on a website and hook him up with some care sheets and stuff, if he hasnt already found out about all of it from when he looked why they were all itchin.. id hate to see him do something happen to the spider / spider do something to him and get a fiasco started..

Ian

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see a heck of a liability for the school if the urticating hairs happened to get in someone's eyes or something........
Ed

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by atavuss
I see a heck of a liability for the school if the urticating hairs happened to get in someone's eyes or something........
Ed
He keeps a lid on it, with a lock. So it cant get out and no one can open it with out him. I told me to go with a rosie....

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by That_Guy
He keeps a lid on it, with a lock. So it cant get out and no one can open it with out him. I told me to go with a rosie....
that is all good and well, but if if the teacher is taking the blondi out and handling it in front of a room full of kids making them sneeze and itch.......I rest my case.
Ed

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have to agree with kelly.

it wasn't worth damaging the reputation of Ts even further for a laugh at the expense of your teacher and classmates.

just my opinion, but also having reptiles, dealing with ignorance is one of the WORST traits of that and this hobby.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sounds like a farce. If I heard of this kind of irresponsible behaviour in my kid's school I'd be down on them like a tonne of bricks. Educate your teacher, for the sake of the tarantula and the other students. Make sure he knows what he's doing before some kid gets hairs in his eyes or someone gets bitten. I'm sure he'd rather hear it from you than a lawyer.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Lucky for you none of the kids had asthma, or an allergic reaction or something. Woulda been kinda hard to live with if one of them had ended up in the hospital...:(

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he doesn't sound all that there if he's gonna grab an animal with no caresheets or information...

thats my opinion and i'm sticking to it. Yes,i believe people who just buy pets with no information are absolutley wrong...

you can kind of figure your way around a cell phone, and you could easily figure out a computer without a manual, but a T??

"um, its on its back? whats up with that?" :)

peace dave

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
You should have spoken up. This little anecdote makes you look more foolish than the teacher - you know better.