Opisthopthalmus boehmi female

Opisthopthalmus wahlbergii

Pandinus imperator "Amadeus"

Pandinus imperator "Mozart"

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great scorps! Heterometrus xanthopus is beautiful. I really like the coloration of your H.hottentotta as well (the dark adult)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You take really good photos :D Very clear!!!
BTW, Are you sure the Heterometrus is not H fulvipes? I have some that look like yours that are supposed to have been IDed as H fulvipes

Zope

Arachnopeon
Wow thats a lot of scorpions lol. Are they your pets or do you have them for work or something?

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are my facilities

Kingdom of Scorpions
Very good conditionated room!!!!!!

Nice Andros and Hottenttottas but the xanthopus rocks!!!!!:eek: In other hand, don't you think it is a fulvipes? How can I difference xanthopus from fulvipes? Somebody knows the answer?

Cheers
Carles

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice pictures and great set-up!!
You're C. gracilis looks alot more granulated than mine:confused: . (C. magaritatus?). Probably totally wrong about that but it does look quite different than mine.

Mr_81

Arachnopeon
Very good conditionated room!!!!!!

Nice Andros and Hottenttottas but the xanthopus rocks!!!!!:eek: In other hand, don't you think it is a fulvipes? How can I difference xanthopus from fulvipes? Somebody knows the answer?

Cheers
Carles
Thanks! Xanthopus is truely a beautiful scorpion. I think that it is a xanthopus, it was sold me as a xanthopus at Stockholm Symposium 2007... :)

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:clap: You have a really cool collection of scorpions there. I don't think you could find some of those in the US.:clap:
I like your Opisthopthalmus boehmi. You gotta cool room with your scorps to! I'm jealous :D

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice scorpions. And your scorpion room is like so beyond words, I am green with envy, that is awesome.

Stunning! :D

Mr_81

Arachnopeon
Very nice pictures and great set-up!!
You're C. gracilis looks alot more granulated than mine:confused: . (C. magaritatus?). Probably totally wrong about that but it does look quite different than mine.
Here is another pic of my Centruroides gracilis, it is better than that first and gives more real pic of it.

Centruroides gracilis

Last edited:

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
love your collection and set-up, very well organized and observation friendly...

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice and sharp pictures. Quite some nice species in your collection. H.fulvipes and H.xanthopus look alike. Maybe I can dig in some papers later.
Your setup is also very nice, but I have one remark, and that is the bright lighting. Scorpions do not like bright light, and species can die from being exposed to bright light for longer periods of time. If you put a bright spot on say, Tityus paraensis, you'd kill the animal within a week.
This is just meant as supportive critic.....

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here is another pic of my Centruroides gracilis, it is better than that first and gives more real pic of it.

Centruroides gracilis

Don't listen to me, I'm very much a noob when it comes to classification. It's just that yours appeared much more granulated than mine. Probably part of the reason mine don't appear to be as granulated is they are mostly black and the overall look is smoother. I'll have to play around with my camera and hopefully be able to get some shots that are of acceptable quality.

Mr_81

Arachnopeon
Very nice and sharp pictures. Quite some nice species in your collection. H.fulvipes and H.xanthopus look alike. Maybe I can dig in some papers later.
Your setup is also very nice, but I have one remark, and that is the bright lighting. Scorpions do not like bright light, and species can die from being exposed to bright light for longer periods of time. If you put a bright spot on say, Tityus paraensis, you'd kill the animal within a week.
This is just meant as supportive critic.....
Thank you for your supportive critic...I have consired that and I have tried to made several hides for my scorpions, also the covers of the faunariums shades the light. They can hide circumstances as well in nature (you know: light, dryness, humidity and too much heatness). But these are only my opinions and based to my experiences...

Last edited: