Some of my babies

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
It's been a while, so here's some updated photos of my babies. First, Cholora (A versicolor). She's about a year old now, and seems to have hit her "terrible-twos." She's a lot more agressive that she used to be.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Next is Edana (B smithi). She's about 2.5" long, and extremely active! I thought these guys were supposed to be pet rocks!

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
SCOOTER! :D My baby A avicularia. I love my baby Scooter :) It's about 1" long now.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This is Keiran (G pulchra). It's still too tiny for me. GROW! You're 8 months old. Molt again! ;)

-Bryan

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Nice pics! I want a a.veriscolor....but cant afford it....vet bills. :( But when I can, thats what I want ! :D Nice Smithi BTW.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Kennis wouldn't pose for a photo. She's too busy hiding in her web. She's my beautiful A metallica. Only about 3" now, so there's a lot of growing to go.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This is a bad photo of Pogo (H maculata). She scares me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She's so PRETTY! :)

-Bryan

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful bunch.
Smithis are supposed to be pet rocks?
Ours is Very Very active.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Lastly, my favorite tarantula: Gion (T blondi). She's been with me longer than any of the others. She's about 10", for those curious. I've had her since she was first hatched! :)

-Bryan

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's Gorgeous.
Eden wants a blondi so bad.
Can't wait to get her one.
:)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Beautiful bunch.
Smithis are supposed to be pet rocks?
Ours is Very Very active.
It took me seven years in the hobby to get one, and I'd always heard they were pet rocks. To my surprise, this is my most active tarantula! She never stops moving!

-Bryan

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
eternal, how long did it take for your t. blondi to reach that size??? i'm curious because i finally have a t. blondi of my own..:p

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Static_69
eternal, how long did it take for your t. blondi to reach that size??? i'm curious because i finally have a t. blondi of my own..:p
It took her just over a year. Your milage may vary ;)

-Bryan

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
G. pulchura is next on my list.... are they REEEELLLYYY SLLLOOOOWWW growers? I want a huge black scary one!!!

Your babies are gorgeous!! Especially versicolor!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by terridumonte
G. pulchura is next on my list.... are they REEEELLLYYY SLLLOOOOWWW growers? I want a huge black scary one!!!
From what I can tell, they're really slow growers. I've had mine for about 8 months, and it's still less than an inch long. Get one at at least 2.5" or so if you want adult colors :)

They're not scary! They're adorable fuzzy balls of love! =D

-Bryan

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal
Lastly, my favorite tarantula: Gion (T blondi). She's been with me longer than any of the others. She's about 10", for those curious. I've had her since she was first hatched! :)

-Bryan
It took a year to get to 10 inches ? :eek: I would love to have one, but dont have the room really. Not for anything THAT big. If they grow that fast, how long do they live ? Is it actually possible to buy one that is sexed ? (female of course ;))

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
It took a year to get to 10 inches ? :eek: I would love to have one, but dont have the room really. Not for anything THAT big. If they grow that fast, how long do they live ? Is it actually possible to buy one that is sexed ? (female of course ;))
She'll live 15-20 years or so, I imagine. They're a fast growing species.

You can buy one sexed, but expect it to be expensive.

-Bryan

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I'll probably get a juv or and adult then, I'm way to impatient with my slings!

I mailed your stuff yesterday. Let me know when you get it!