Some of my Australian scorpions

Matty9557

Arachnopeon
I thought I would share some photos of my scorpion collection, I'll start with my favourite genus, the Liocheles spp. This genus is a taxonomic mess so most are just Liocheles sp. "location" I have only one described species in my collection, the largest it's rumored to reach 120mm.

Liocheles sp. "Bundaberg" this one has tiny males.

Various locales from around Brisbane, the species between Bundaberg and Brisbane all appear to be the same with only small differences in the pedipalps.

Liocheles sp. "Tablelands" my largest one so far, very few of these in the hobby, I only have females and know of only 2 others with them.

Liocheles sp. "red" these guys are very aggresive for the genus, they are the only known arid species and some individuals have a red sheen. They build a burrow while all others in this genus live in rock cracks or bark, there is an arboreal species as well.

A comparison of all 4, they are all lumped under one species right now but they're obviously different.

---------- Post added 08-01-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

Next the Urodacus, some stunning species in this genus but the best looking ones are not in the hobby (IMO)

Urodacus manicatus

Babies :D

Urodacus elongatus

Urodacus spinatus

Urodacus yaschenkoi

I have an adult pair of Urodacus macrurus comming tomorrow, they're a protected species so quite hard to get, they're around 100mm

---------- Post added 08-01-2012 at 10:48 AM ----------

The buthids, there are several genus in this family.

Isometroides vescus, my favourite species from this group.

Lychas sp. "riverlands"

Lychas marmoreous parkes

And that's everything I currently have photos of.

Danimal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice photos! I really like the Isometroides vescus.

Matty9557

Arachnopeon
Yea, they're awesome, I actually think kt's an I. Angusticaudus, it keys out to that but the colours match vescus, you shouldn't ID by colour though, the collector is adamant he made no mistakes. Everyone in the hobby says vescus so it's easier to use that and avoid confusion.

Dabugboi

Arachnopeon
Where did you get Those liocheles from? i can only find waigensis for sale.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Nice!! liocheles are one of my favorites, that's awesome seeing the different locales in one picture.

woodie

Arachnosquire
Love seeing Australian scorpions. Like some of the work done by Mark Newton