Some new geckos

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heres some new guys I got in, which are currently being cared for by a member of this board.

Sphaerodactylus Nicholsi

Sphaerodactylus Roosevelti

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty neat little guys! Kind of reminds me of the geckos I'd go out at night and catch when I lived in Arizona! Good times, good times.

Are they wild caughts?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How much do they go for usually? I could very well be mistaken, but I think I saw a gecko at the nearby petco that looks similar to the one in the last pic. I'll go back and check it someday.

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much do they go for usually? I could very well be mistaken, but I think I saw a gecko at the nearby petco that looks similar to the one in the last pic. I'll go back and check it someday.
Theres maybe only 5 people in the country with them...you wouldnt have seen it in petco

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The top pic looks like the kind of geckos I catch when I go to St. Croix (USVI). They are tiny speedy little things, usually darker than that but the body shape is nearly identical, and the two white spots look familiar as well, probably of the same genus.

I wouldn't want to keep little geckos so small though, but they're fun to catch!

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The top pic looks like the kind of geckos I catch when I go to St. Croix (USVI). They are tiny speedy little things, usually darker than that but the body shape is nearly identical, and the two white spots look familiar as well, probably of the same genus.

I wouldn't want to keep little geckos so small though, but they're fun to catch!
Yea, I think theres 90 something species of Sphaerodactylus...Im only up to 3, but that number will be increasing shortly :razz:

St Croix actually is home to one of my favorite Spharos..I wonder if thats the one youve seen...Do you think youd recognize it from a picture?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Theres maybe only 5 people in the country with them...you wouldnt have seen it in petco

Thats why I said it very well wouldnt be, but what if one of the 5 people sold their lizard to petco.:eek: Like said before, I'll go check it out sometime.

Only joking.

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I havent been to St. Croix in over a year (college vacations havent lined up with family plans, grrrrrrr) but if I saw it I might recognize it. Basically super tiny and dark mottled brown and wiggle like crazy when they try to run away, hehehe. Skin seemed pretty smooth from what I remember, not like those where you can see the scales sticking up.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They look very, very similar to the phelsumas, but they just don't have the bright coloration that alot of the DG's have. Extremely neat little lizards though! Hopefully you'll looking into some propagation for yourself? I know I'd be interested in some of those little beauties!

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They look very, very similar to the phelsumas, but they just don't have the bright coloration that alot of the DG's have. Extremely neat little lizards though! Hopefully you'll looking into some propagation for yourself? I know I'd be interested in some of those little beauties!
The ones I have now arent the most colorful, but some of them are just as nice if not nicer than day geckos.

Yea, Im hoping to propogate them, but most if not all offspring, at least this year will probably be used in trades in Europe for other species. But I'll make sure to post here if I have any extras..although the roosevelti at least arent too cheap.