Some new additions

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well everyone, I have had quite the exciting month and have acquired some lovely new reptiles that I am very excited, no exstatic about. As some of you know I am a huge fan of African colubrids and am currently attempting to breed alot of different species of African colubrids exclusively. Unfortunately the majority will all be shipped tomorrow, so I won't have any pics til Tuesday of the first of my arrivals, hopefully! But my current state of of excitement was too much to bear without sharing! So if need be just google some pics.

Spalerosophis diadema, Royal diadem snake. These are a VERY underrated snake from the Middle East and Northern Africa and can be some of the most colorful snakes out there. The only thing is that they are probably one of the most variable snakes out there. They under-go an extreme ontogenic color change that takes in upwards of 5 yrs to complete. They range in color from orange, yellow, tan, black and red with patterning that is extremely variable from speckling, patches, stripes, and bands. No 2 are the same so you never know what you are going to get. I want to do a 5yr photo shoot showing the color/pattern changes whenever I have some hatchlings. I have a 1.2 trio of sub-adults coming in with some good color already and plan to breed them next year hopefully.

Next is a trio of Dasypeltis medici CH juvenile Egg Eaters. These are some of the most fascinating snakes in the world in my opinion, and apparently so does every nature documentary I have seen in recent years. I think they speak for themselves really, and food is cheaper than most rodents!

Also some red-spotted house snakes, these are a locality morph of Lamprophis fulginosis. Not quite as exciting as the others but awesome little snakes, easy care and probably the easiest snakes to breed in captivity! I have some Lamprophis inornatus and I absolutely love them and was wanting to get some more species.

And finally I have a pair of some Dasia olivaceous coming in as well. These are an arboreal skink with neat patterning and some great lime green coloration. The males have a really nice turquoise color to them as well. They are from Indonesia and are an awesome looking fairly good size for skinks. I have a fascination with skinks and have been looking for something a bit more unusual in that arena that will use my other 55gal to its full extent. I have kept Red-eye Croc Skinks and though they are my absolute favorite I think these will be just as interesting!

Well that is it I believe for now and I will post some pics when they all come in! And if all goes well I should be getting some CB Crotaphopeltis sp, Psammophines and other awesome colubrids for future breeding here in the US!{D

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Spalerosophis diadema seem for interesting.I hope the bet of luck to you,that way maybe I could get at least one!{D

I just went to the reptile shop to pick up a 75 gallon for a new snake I got the day before Thanksgiving.Some how I left with another snake also?Wonder how that happened?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes I usually take a set amount of cash I am only spending at a show, then got to break out the old magic card and swipe :rolleyes:

Come home and justify to wife that I would be an idiot if I passed up "THAT" deal.Maybe I need an"intervention"? But who would take care of the critters,that would be just stupid..................{D:?{D:?