Some Misc. Spidey Pics

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are some miscellaneus photos of true spiders taken in or around my house or school, posted for the viewing enjoyment of others who love to look at these things as much as I do.

Green Jumper, Lyssomanes viridis, small female, on the outside rearview mirror of my Toyota

Freshly-moulted adult female Kukulcania hibernalis that I've kept on my desk at school all year, now at home with me

Mature male Southern Black Widow, Latrodactus mactans mactans, on the outside of our church's recreational building

TINY Salticid, species unknown, on my door(spider is no more than 1/4 centimeter in diameter-I actually wasn't sure if it was a living thing or not until I photographed it)

Adult, probably gravid, female Daring Jumper, Phidippus audax, dorsal view with "false face"

Same female Phidippus audax, showing REAL face

Another Jumper, possibly mature male Plexippus paykulli, found on the floor at school

Mature male American House Spider, Archaranea tepidariorum, playing "possum" after I touched him with my finger, lol

ENJOY!

pitbulllady

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those are some great pics! I really like the green on the Lyssomanes viridis. :drool: What would you say the size of it was?

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those are some great pics! I really like the green on the Lyssomanes viridis. :drool: What would you say the size of it was?

A little bit bigger that the emoticon in your message, legs included. If it weren't for the bright green against the black background, I wouldn't have seen it, and I still couldn't be sure what kind of spider it was until I uploaded the pics from the image card to the computer screen.

pitbulllady

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Call me crazy, but in the second shot of the P. audax, you can see the sillouette and flash glare of the photographer in the spider's eyes. That is an awesome shot.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The male A tep. is he really that red?
LOVE the green jumper! Don't think I have ever run into one like that.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The male A tep. is he really that red?
LOVE the green jumper! Don't think I have ever run into one like that.
The males around here are that red, but the females aren't-they just have plain brown striped legs. This guy was hanging out next to a really fat female in her web, and the females actually do tolerate them, at least until the eggsac comes along. The males tend to "disappear" around that time.

pitbulllady