Some major renovations

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
My t blnodi, or burgandy, still have a few opininos on what she is, but on topic she has been holed up for a week or so and has been doing a lot of digging. She is leaving a big mound outside her front door and i was wondering if she may be cleaning house as she alway eats in there, and if so should I remove the garbage pile?

Last edited:

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks like she is covering the entrance so she can molt.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Her lease is up and she's moving. You didn't read the leasing agreement? :)

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
I should mention that she has dug a new entrence and was out last night the water is now dirty

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Ok so now she has been out and about for the last day and a half and has pushed the pile out of the door way but what I would really like to know is if I shoulod remove the refuse she has dumped out because as I said she eats inside and I believe that she was just dumping her garbage.

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im thinking that enclosure might be a little too dry for her, try adding moisture to the substrate. she may come out more often or if she is molting it will aid in the process.

this is my opinion from the photo you posted if the humidity is adequate then ignore this post.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I'm not trying to cause trouble but I have a hard time believing 92% humidity with all that dry substrate. other than that it looks good and the way you describe the T's habits, just being a normal T. IMO

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
It does look dry on the top 1/2 inch but it is moist underneith and it has a large water dish that is quite moist all around I have a humistat and thermomiter in both of my t's enclosers and do keep a close eye on them

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I would suggest hiting up FRAN for advice on what sp. your T is, He seems to be a resident expert on the blondi's - there are several here that know the habitat as well.