Solving the substrate question

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
My new tarantula enclosure came in today. I saw a really nice one in a pet store but out of budget right now. It was Repti-fill. Anyway. As far as such strait goes. I think I'll let the spider decide IMG_20170215_165241609.jpg

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
I'll improve the hide before spider goes in. I. Just letting substrate amd whatnot dry out a bit forst. I'll probly try for three pill bottles exactly the same on each portion of sub. He might even mix up his own preference. So I've got exo Terra Forrest moss, coca husk, and potting soil. Amd I wanted to get my special mix in there but enclosure wasn't big enough. Which is the mixture of all three

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
I know there not. But there is a bottle cap on them and there all exactly the same. So it will give me an idea of his presence. And also I need another payday. I found one I probly am going to get at pet land. It was a ceramic one. I had flat Rock I. There. Awe man. I should put three flat Rock in that would do lol

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Which Theraphosidae you want to put inside the enclosure, btw?
It's a verdesi. After he unstressed a bit I might go with the flat rocks part of the reason I used the bottle told was so I can see where he goes and which one he tends to favour

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Amazing. I can't not notice a similarity between your picture of Theraphosidae and bottles and "Il gioco delle tre carte" (the three cards game) that, in Italian cities (Roma especially) performed by scam artists literally pluck of bucks Japanese and other silly tourists :-s

"Where's the card? Left, Middle, Right?"

"Where's the Theraphosidae? Left, Middle, Right?"

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ahhh perhaps youve wised up to my little trick, thats actually a fake spider. The real spider is in my hand (presents my hand with my actual verdezi in it, and its pedipalps are moving up and down

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ahhh perhaps youve wised up to my little trick, thats actually a fake spider. The real spider is in my hand (presents my hand with my actual verdezi in it, and its pedipalps are moving up and down
( It wasnt a trick thats the actual pic of the spider in it I just thought that was a funny comment )

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ya BUt I dont think thats much of a problem. He hangs out in the front corner most of the time, not the darkest, not the lightest. just the front corner, that has the best view of the room. Dont ask me why he just does, he had a burrow he made but he didnt go in it , He only used it on his firstt molt. he recently had his third. . they are clear yes. but the bottle caps do provide a little bit. so it it will give me the observatin im looking for I think. if he wants darkness he can burrow somwehre, I was also thinking oif putting a shade accross the bottle tops. right now hes outside the peatmoss hide but hes out in the open chilling on it. hasnt wondered much. Rehousing him was actually somewhat challenging, He was very calm. Kicked alot of hairs and im experiancing them, there not too bad. he wasnt all sqirelly, he was quite the opposite. I couldnt get him with the square corners and round cup. I had to scoop him out with a pancake flipper

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I personally feel that you're overthinking the substrate question. I've been keeping T's for a long time and have never had issues with the old school peat, cocofiber and sometimes vermiculite mix.