So, uh Shipping Ts' ... How much?

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay.. I have 1 t. And thats enough to get me interested in more. Ive been all over petco (Death Row) and here in bay area, CA they don't have much of a selection.. I really want a versicolor.. Bad.. As well as a Brazilian black (whats the scientific name?)

So, is it cheaper to get these guys online as opposed to the local death row? Better quality Ts?
Whats the prognosis of shipped Ts? Ive heard about DOA Ts not surviving the shipping.. What kind of mortality % is there when shipping?

Anyone have one they want to send me? ;)

Im a bird guy primarily, and "death row" refers to the way they [petco] keep their birds.. Its just not right..

-Jason

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You really don't have to worry about DOA's if you buy from one of the larger dealers, as they all garuntee live arrival. If you look in the dealer review page Here you can see what kind of service everyone else has gotten from them and choose whom you would like to give your bussniess to.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Where are you located in the Bay Area? You have a couple of choices other than PetCo. One of course is Bill@invertepet, and the other is the East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley. Bill has a huge selection of T's, (has to be the most on the west coast) and the Vivarium has a decent amount and usually has Versicolor slings and somtimes sub-adults to adults.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin
Where are you located in the Bay Area? You have a couple of choices other than PetCo. One of course is Bill@invertepet, and the other is the East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley. Bill has a huge selection of T's, (has to be the most on the west coast) and the Vivarium has a decent amount and usually has Versicolor slings and somtimes sub-adults to adults.
EBV can be very pricey..........EBV is worth a trip just to check out their huge selection of herps and some of the people that work there are something to look at too...........
Ed

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
I'm located in the SF Bay Area. I'll send you a PM.

bill
Thanks for the PM.. Ill need to check my bankroll with the wife ;) But Im sure ill be getting in touch with you soon

-Jason

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by atavuss
EBV can be very pricey..........EBV is worth a trip just to check out their huge selection of herps and some of the people that work there are something to look at too...........
Ed
Ya Ed you are right, they can be pricey on certain things and then on other things they can be comparable. The people there are pretty interesting, but they seem to be pretty knowledgable too.