So, I think I have a B. albopiosum

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I couldn't tell you , because it has burrowed somewhere in its deli cup and I haven't seen it in 2 days. It's a sling tht molted for the first time on Monday. It was moving around Tuesday morning, but I haven't seen it since.

There's a few holes in the substrate, but they're spread out and none of them appear to be very deep.

I'm worried that it has dug in and died or something. How long before I should go looking for it?

Of my five Ts I was REALLY starting to like this guy the most!

My seemani has made a deep burrow with a nice underground apartment, but I can at least see the hole and it peaks out through a window in it's living room.

But the Curlyhair is just GONE! :confused:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't worry. At that size, and I am assuming it's smaller, they are going to burrow like that till they get to around 2.5" then they start to phase out of the dozer mentality. Some still continue to burrow, but normally not as much. If after a few more days you must check on him just gently dump the container out and I am sure you will find a healthy spider. But I am willing to bet in a few days maybe a week you will see his legs sticking out of a hole somewhere waiting for prey to be offered.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah- I have a B. albo sling,too and it is very squirrely-- it jumps and runs at the slightest movement. And that is on the rare occasions that it is out of it's burrow!( And most people tell you that they are usually pretty mellow.)
Like TalkenLate said-yours will at least stick it's legs out when it's ready to eat....

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm glad mine hasn't burrowed yet. I have had it for a few weeks now, and it took to the hide immediately, then kicked all the dirt out of it and made a partial wall of it. She always has her little legs sticking out of total darkness...lol.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
B. albo sling

I also have several B. albo slings and I only know they are there around feeding time or when they decide to redecorate. They regularly bulldoze their current burrows and move huge amounts of substrate (for their size). I have 2 that I haven't seen since planting them in their homes but I know that they eat well. Good Luck with your little one.
---Jen

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Put crickets in there and watch them disappear also, hehe