So excited!

AceOfJacks

Arachnopeon
ordered my very first tarantula today!

my redknee is on its way, and i'm currently setting up its little tank with eco earth and a log hut

anything i should know before hand?

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
Grats on your T, hope this helps. I was thinking about getting a b.smithi myself soon...maybe i will after i get some more dwarf/smaller t's lol

Mexican_red_knee

AceOfJacks

Arachnopeon
what do you guys think of his new home?

i think i might add a plant or something

Lolita

Arachnoknight
in mine i have some fake plant leaves and depending on the size of the tarantula you might wanna add a small water dish but the red knees (smthi's) are pretty simple to take care of and enjoyable tarantulas some of my favorites from my little collection

Rob1985

This user has no status.
how big is your T? That set up will be good for a 2-3 inch, but if any bigger you might want to step up to a rubber maid container or a large critter keeper. Yes, it needs a water dish. Make sure you put some cleaned pebbles in the dish so the crickets don't drowned. When you clean the rocks don't use any kind of solvent that leave a film. I use a little bit of dawn dish soap under hot water.

heatfreakk3

Arachnopeon
Sweet, congrats. I'm getting my B.smithi in the mail Thursday ;). Like Rob said, it looks good, but for an adult you will want something a little larger.

AceOfJacks

Arachnopeon
how big is your T? That set up will be good for a 2-3 inch, but if any bigger you might want to step up to a rubber maid container or a large critter keeper. Yes, it needs a water dish. Make sure you put some cleaned pebbles in the dish so the crickets don't drowned. When you clean the rocks don't use any kind of solvent that leave a film. I use a little bit of dawn dish soap under hot water.
i'll probably use a gatorade bottle cap. the T is only going to be like 1.5 inches, so the tank should be fine for a while! :)

It needs a lid! :rolleyes: ;)
oh i have one lol fo sure!

took out a little bit of the eco earth so it can have a little more space.

Rue

Arachnoknight
Exciting! I just ordered my first T's today too!

I won't get them for a little while though...too cold.

Nice set-up.