Snake trouble

dtn1992

Arachnopeon
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
45
We came across a Elaphe slowinskii i think at a friends house and we were wanting to keep it and had it housed and it got over heated due to a litter sibling closeing the lid and the heat, causing it to flip over and near death and we cooled it off and is now alive but unable to move any help would be greatfull :8o
 

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 14, 2005
Messages
4,596
This post is confusing, what actually happened? How did closing a lid increase the heat? :?

Well, regardless, if the snake was massively overheated for any length of time...I guess the first question is, has it been drinking water? Being unable to move might just be due to temporary weakness--how long ago was this?

If it's been more than a couple days, the snake may have been brain-damaged or had some sort of stroke? I don't know, I'd need more information about what happened, and how long it was overheated/how long since then/etc.
 

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
80
Sounds like my first car!

Give the poor thing a nice soak. It's probably dehydrated. He's right though, you need to be a little more clear...
 
Top