Snake Enclosure for T

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey AB,

I have a quick question just to be safe; I have a 10 gallon tank I used for a corn snake a long time ago, and I now am considering using it to house a 5" GBB.

What do I need to do to make sure it's sterile and there's no contamination from it's previous resident?

Just looking for some good advice to make sure it's nice and clean for the GBB when I move her in.

Thanks!

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's probably safe to use it as long as it's reasonably clean. But if you want to be SURE it's disinfected, a mild bleach solution would do the trick. Actually, anytime I have a snake cage become a former snake cage I disinfect it this way as a standard practice. After you disinfect it, rinse in super thoroughly. Dry it out and rinse it again. Make extra sure you've gotten all scent and traces of bleach out ot the aquarium before you do anything else with it. Maybe let it air out outdoors for a day as well.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just clean it with warm water and vinigar, let it just dry and put in the peat moss/coconut fiber and decoration and water dish and you're good to go.