Snails

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they are good eating,not that i would eat them{D but i hear they are eaten alot by many. as for pets yeah they make great ones,very easy to keep.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
they are good eating,not that i would eat them{D but i hear they are eaten alot by many. as for pets yeah they make great ones,very easy to keep.
i keep mind on wet news paper lol they eat the heck out if it lol

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are all over my yard. They will eat romaine lettuce, rotten tomatoes, many fruits and vegetables, carrots, dog or cat kibble, white bread, and they need a cuttlebone in their tank at all times. Their shell varies in color.

Looks like that one sealed it's shell with mucus and is waiting for a rainy day to emerge.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are all over my yard. They will eat romaine lettuce, rotten tomatoes, many fruits and vegetables, carrots, dog or cat kibble, white bread, and they need a cuttlebone in their tank at all times. Their shell varies in color.

Looks like that one sealed it's shell with mucus and is waiting for a rainy day to emerge.
lol it has been rainy days here for weeks ...months lol

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there are snails like that around here too. They also show up in a yellow phase. they're wierd. when you pick them up, they do the opposite of their defense mech. they come OUT of the shells, usually to crawl all over your fingers.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't care what kind of cute, adorable snail it is I want it! :D

I ♥ Snails!

Black Widow88

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, snails are awesome critters:clap: i keep em aswell,but i don't eat them{D

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No I don't eat them either. I couldn't live with myself if I did that. And that's an interesting fact about snails picking up the flavor of what ever you feed them. Not that I'm going to eat them I just find that interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Black Widow88

Kevin_Davies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Helix aspersa are probably the most common snail here in the UK, and possibly Europe as well, I could probably find hundreds on a rainy day, as I mentioned in my last post, the Snail in the first pictures looks like Helix lucorum though, which isnt native in the UK, and may be introduced in the USA, though im not sure?