Smell in Latrodectus Enclosure

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Well another enclosure smells.

There's such a shortage of feeders here that I've had to use crickets.

It's annoying, now one enclosure smells like vinegar.

Hopefully the spider will be okay. I really don't feel like destroying her web and changing substrates again.
The spider will be fine and the smell will eventually go away with time... if you have some spare time to sit around, just open the lid to let some smell out and keep an eye on her to watch her from trying to escape. They don't move all that fast...

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The spider will be fine and the smell will eventually go away with time... if you have some spare time to sit around, just open the lid to let some smell out and keep an eye on her to watch her from trying to escape. They don't move all that fast...
Yeah I've been doing that so far. They are all set up in their webs and don't move at all when I open the lids.
One of the perks of the cobweb spiders.

Can't even trust the Tatantulas that highly.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Yeah I've been doing that so far. They are all set up in their webs and don't move at all when I open the lids.
One of the perks of the cobweb spiders.

Can't even trust the Tatantulas that highly.
Try and stay away from feeding fish flakes to crickets - it makes the crickets stink and I'm sure uneaten feeders will also stink in a very short time. I havn't used crickets for years now, I hate the things, I won't even feed fish food of any sort to my Red Runners.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Try and stay away from feeding fish flakes to crickets - it makes the crickets stink and I'm sure uneaten feeders will also stink in a very short time. I havn't used crickets for years now, I hate the things, I won't even feed fish food of any sort to my Red Runners.
Yeah I do want to get away from fish flakes but so far because these ones grew up on them they are really picky and didn't eat the other foods I tried.
Maybe the next batch.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Yeah I do want to get away from fish flakes but so far because these ones grew up on them they are really picky and didn't eat the other foods I tried.
Maybe the next batch.
I simply feed slices of fresh fruit and vegetables to my feeder crickets.