Slings and eating

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
probably would depend on how chubby it is and access to water i can say for sure a sling can last over a month easily with a bottle cap full of water(within reason and how fast things might evaporate)i spent the month of feb and about half of march this past year in the hospital over some health issues. got out and all my ts were fine and most had molted during that time

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
How long can a Tarantula Sling go without eating?
As long as it can survive.

That being said, many things need to be first asked:
  1. What species it is?
  2. How small or large it is?
  3. How is it’s current abdomen size?
  4. When did it last molt?
  5. When did it last eat?
  6. When did it last drink?
  7. And many more, if you think about it…

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And there’s 2 important variables not mentioned above

rohrrocks

Arachnopeon
As long as it can survive.

That being said, many things need to be first asked:
  1. What species it is?
  2. How small or large it is?
  3. How is it’s current abdomen size?
  4. When did it last molt?
  5. When did it last eat?
  6. When did it last drink?
  7. And many more, if you think about it…
It is Red Knee Smithi
It's about the size of a quarter.
It's abdomen looks normal, not deflated
We bought it 7 weeks ago and it has not eaten or molted since we have had it. We keep water in the enclosure and are not sure if it evaporates or gets consumed. The T stays under an ornament in the enclosure. My husband checks under it every couple of weeks to make sure it's still alive. We put a freshly killed mealworm in the enclosure a couple of times a week and remove it 24 hrs later. It basically stays under the ornament and never comes out.

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Brachypelmas don't tend to need to eat very often. I have slings that have filled up after one or two feedings and then fast until a molt. Currently I have two 1/2" B. Klaasi slings (slightly under dime sized) in premolt that last ate 78 days and 67 days ago. They are currently buried and I have stopped offering food. B. Emilia sling fasted 110 days at the same size, finally molted a couple weeks ago. Yours sounds bigger, I would keep offering food occasionally, but realize that you picked a slow growing species with a very slow metabolism. A lot of sitting around doing nothing is to be expected.

rohrrocks

Arachnopeon
Brachypelmas don't tend to need to eat very often. I have slings that have filled up after one or two feedings and then fast until a molt. Currently I have two 1/2" B. Klaasi slings (slightly under dime sized) in premolt that last ate 78 days and 67 days ago. They are currently buried and I have stopped offering food. B. Emilia sling fasted 110 days at the same size, finally molted a couple weeks ago. Yours sounds bigger, I would keep offering food occasionally, but realize that you picked a slow growing species with a very slow metabolism. A lot of sitting around doing nothing is to be expected.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I am new at this and I really want this little guy to make it.