Sling survivability in a parcel in the wrong hands... :7

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I ordered some T's(2 slings, among others) from a reputable guy in Germany last week, and he sent them this monday, thinking for sure they'd arrive here today.
Of course, they didn't, and I'm wondering how long a sling can survive in a package going through the mail ? :/ I trust the guy is a fairly good packer, but a week definitely seems like pushing it, it seems to me..what are your thoughts?
I have not a shred of a doubt that the parcel got stuck somewhere in the Swedish Postal-Service's hands, rather than some place in Deutschland. They probably stuffed it in a shed somewhere and forgot about it.

..Somedays I just can't wait for the United States of Europe.....:mad:

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vys wrote:
..Somedays I just can't wait for the United States of Europe.....
be careful what you wish for.... :)

as for the slings, i've heard complete horror stories about packages being left for a couple days, or packages being delivered like 5 days late, all with great endings..

and then i've heard some horror stories about packages that were on time, but with dead slings..

so i guess i say:
just wait and hope...
hopefully the packing job was good, but even then......

just have to wait and see i suppose....

i feel like someone just posted recently about a package they ordered that was really late (or some crazy story), but all the slings were in perfect condition...

it just depends i guess!

hej hej
peace
dave

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm...I guess the main cause of death would be lack of water, yes? :/
Are Aureostriatas or...wait, no one would know about the other..anyways, are Aureostriatas inclined towards wetness any?(I don't think they hail from the rainforest, but not a desert-scrubland either).. I forget..

And if they're all dead, I'm going to jinx the postal people.

Edit: I don't long for a United States of Europe anymore. But I almost did for a while. Says how angry I was. Will be. On Monday, or whenever I discover which ones didn't make it.

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who is the dealer? I've had good experiences with Sven Koeppler, Thomas Vinmann and Peter Grabowitz.
I know Sven regularly mails spiders as far as the USA with no bother.

I would guess at dehydration being the major factor too, as the weather is generally mild at this time of year.
I hope your slings arrive safely - if they do not then accept my commiserations but you can't really blame the vendor.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vinmann, and I haven't once breathed about blaming the vendor, i.e him. Only the Swedish Postal Office, or whatever the translation would be. If they are dead by desiccation..I will be vred.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would say dehydration and/or rough package handling...

i think they'd probably give you a refund or send you the same slings again or credit you or something, right?

i don't know youre dealer's policies... some are real good about that (resend new slings, giving you credit for slings of the same price/type...)

good luck man!
peace
dave