sling/move update

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok im here in tenn. i now have a good sized walk in closet which is now a t room. none of my other slings have died, although there are still 2 infected ones. oddly enough one of them seems to have lost its mold, without even molting. the remaining 2 slings still have no signs of the mold. none are eating, due either to moving stress or (hopefully) an impending molt. im having trouble keeping humidity up in the t room, so im going to buy a humidifier today. (gauge is reading 45% relative humidity) i also ended up with 2 new ts on the way, a juvie Megaphobema velvetosoma, and a 1.5" Eucratoscelus pachypus. ;P

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Just to let you know, I also have a humidity gauge that tells me what the relative humidity in the room is. It generally fluctuates between 27% and 40%. My point is that as long as they have water dishes, your T's should be fine with no extra humidity.

Scott

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Likewise here MrD. Range is 29 to 32% generally.

Welcome back Lycanthrope. Maybe the change in air will help with the mold problem.

Botar

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
so 45% is ok then? im usedf to fl where the humidity is already high. i thought it had to be for most of the rainforest species. guess the misting and water dishes is enough for them? that would save me 30$ on the humidifier then, thanks guys.;P