SLING HELP!!!

R33GZ

Arachnopeon
So I'm a beginner to owning Tarantulas and I own 2 as of right now but one of which I'm concerned about. I have an Aviuclaria Versicolor sling (3 months old), it has molted 1 time so far. It's been happy and healthy until maybe 2 weeks ago, i fed it 2 crickets within 4 days and I know that if you over feed them they wont eat for a while but its now been NEARLY 3 weeks and it seemed as if it prepared to molt and never did? It barely moves and just sits in the web and occasionally turns and faces a different way. My concern is that it wont eat and wont molt or even move very often, im just looking for thoughts on what the cause is and if you can tell me some of their behaviours to reassure me that nothing bad is happening, again I'm very new to this. Also my other T has molted 3 times and is extremely close to a 4th molt and is also only 3 months old.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes T's can take a long time to perpare for a molt, even months! It could just not be hungry, my T's have gone a long time without food, so just make sure that it has food in case it wants it, but be prepared for a molt. My P. cambridgei didn't eat for 4 weeks when I rehoused it and it sat in it's burrow. I was so worried, but then it molted and it is super healthy. Don't worry, starving is not very common in T's since they can go so long without food :D

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Pics of the enclosure would help rule out any problems with your husbandry but to me it sounds like typical Avic premolt..

I have a versi that I raised from 1in that is now around 3in that stops eating about 2-3 months before it molts and eats maybe 6-7 times between molts..

Avics can be frustrating because at times it seems like they are tanking but if your husbandry is good they are very hardy Ts..

Andy00

Arachnoknight
My versicolor sling just molted after 3-4 weeks of premolt. Just make sure to drop a little bit of water on its web every few days if there isn't a water dish. If there is a water dish then still put a few drops of water every few days just try not to make it too stuffy in the enclosure. It'll be very thirsty after molting.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
First questions with Avics is always cage moisture and ventilation. If the substrate's moist you'll problem have a problem. Same with inadequate ventilation. Do you mist? Not a good idea. How big is the cage? What kind of cage?

Avics probably have the highest loss rate in captivity of any tarantula, especially amongst beginners. Make sure your cage conditions are right.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No one can tell you what's up w/your T. A pic of your T and its home would be REALLY useful before meaningful information that applies specifically to your situation can be provided. We dont' know the size of your Ts abdomen, it's general behavior (only you know that), level of ventilation, water bowl or not, etc etc.

Post up some CLEAR images of both.

In short there's too many unknowns at the moment to help.

R33GZ

Arachnopeon
No one can tell you what's up w/your T. A pic of your T and its home would be REALLY useful before meaningful information that applies specifically to your situation can be provided. We dont' know the size of your Ts abdomen, it's general behavior (only you know that), level of ventilation, water bowl or not, etc etc.

Post up some CLEAR images of both.

In short there's too many unknowns at the moment to help.
Sorry to take so long, ive had super busy day, ill post some pictures tomorrow for everybody but from what ive seen i think im just over reacting especially since its my first time so thank you for the input and ill post a picture or two tomorrow