Sling feeding differences

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Seems like there is a difference of opinion on the LP vs other Ts when it comes to eating. I have a B. Vegan and a L. Parahybana sling both around an inch. Now the Vegan seems to maul whatever I put near it's miniature web burrow. Won't nab them right away but they'll be gone eventually through the night. Tiny baby crickets, not quite pinheads but small enough. I pre-kill for safety but I'm gonna switch to letting the crickets stay alive for the LP, because it seems to want to take them down. Last pinheads I had it ate them alive. Pre-kills are left untouched mostly. Matter of fact I remove them more often than not from the LP's home than the Vegan. I think it's gonna be fun to see who grows the fastest between the two. Especially since they both molted on the exact same night.

I'm really attached to the little guys. Always checkin in on them. I'd guess most of us are who raise slings. :)

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are called B.vagans..

It is interesting to watch them though, one of the fun things about keeping sveral species/genera

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it really just depends on the individual, that your LP won't touch pre-killed.
Mine will, and I'm sure others have LPs that will and will not eat pre-killed.
My LP grew the fastest of all the NW Ts I raised from slings, but I heard that B. vagans grow pretty quickly too.

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Spiderlings at this size should be able to eat 2 or three week old crickets quite easily. I feed all mine live except when I accidently kill the cricket while catching them during feeding.

Ollie

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Spiderlings at this size should be able to eat 2 or three week old crickets quite easily. I feed all mine live except when I accidently kill the cricket while catching them during feeding.

Ollie
It does seem like it's a personality trait when it comes to T's. Because I did have an expectation on the LP actually being more aggressive when eating, even at sling status. But it's the Redrump who's been king of the devour ring so far. And the size factor is settling in also for now. The Redrump is getting quite plump. The LP is still rather slender. But always digging and on the move. Active little critter.