S'ling Care

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey i just got a 1.25" salmon pink b-eater and i would like a little advice on how to care for her. ive done research but would like to know what u guys think.

o, and i didnt know if this is normal or not... but i got her about 2 days ago...she has eaten a cricket that is bigger that she is...but she isnt very active...she just kinda sits in her log and does nothing. if any1 has any comments let me know.

Thanx

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and....

i think im going to get out the camera and get a few pics...maybe ill post them soon

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
S'ling

Hi..:)

I don't have experience of a salmon s'ling , but when it comes to s'lings overall I have 5 of them and they do behave different.

In common for them is that before molt they get very "sluggish", afraid of food coming in. Like one said, PMS, Pre-Molt-Syndrome.

After molt is another story; they change into hungry little "beasts", eating machines.

Oh,,the first days you have a s'ling they normally need some adjustment days to get used to the new enviroment.

Daytime there is a lot of "sitting around" :) since T's are nocturnal
they don't do much during day at all.

As long as s/he eats and looks fine there shouldn't be any problems I think.

This above is just like overall how they do behave because I have 3 different species of t s'lings and they do tend to behave the same when it comes to what I wrote above,,when it come to specific salmon care I have no experience,.

Have you checked for example the caresheets at this board ?:)

Kenny

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yep...

i have looked at a bunch of craesheets but i dont get a lot of info for s'lings.

1 more thing... when i recieved Dr. Fatty(name of s'ling salmon pink) it had a birth certificate.... it was born on September 11,2001 (9-11-01) i thought that it was kiinda spooky;P

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
At 1.25" they should be starting to act more similiar to the adults. I've had a couple that small and I allow them to drink out of a small shallow bottle cap (From a small bottle of Sunny D). I do mist the container though to keep the humidity up and keep them on a 100% Peat Moss substrate (moist, but not wet). The Peat Moss is great as you can see when it starts to dry as it changes from a dark brown to a light brown. As for feeding, I give them .5" crickets.
Good luck and keep us posted on her development!
Ralph