Singapore Blue

JasonCrowl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The LPS has a Singapore Blue for sale @ 85 bucks. It's only about 2". Is this a good price? Also, if anyone owns one, please give me some advice on how to keep it. Temp, humidity, size, substrate, etc....all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, and have a great weekend. :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No, that's too expensive for unsexed.

They're pretty easy to ventrally sex though.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's quite a lot for an unsexed. You can get a spiderling for $30 and sometimes $25 if you keep a vidual on sales.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
that is really pricey, and bear in mind that they have an average 5 to 1 male to female ratio in a sac. I bought an unsexed a while ago and now its moulted into a singapore yellow. If you are considering getting 1, your best bet is classifieds on here and reptile forums or a decent invert show. Keep them arboreally with a sizeable retreat. Temps around room temp and med-high humidity like a pokie. I suggest deeper substrate than a pokie as some individuals burrow a lot, even as adults (more sub holds humidity longer anyways) just respect how fast and defensive they are, oh and the females can reach 10+ inch too.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
that is really pricey, and bear in mind that they have an average 5 to 1 male to female ratio in a sac. I bought an unsexed a while ago and now its moulted into a singapore yellow. If you are considering getting 1, your best bet is classifieds on here and reptile forums or a decent invert show. Keep them arboreally with a sizeable retreat. Temps around room temp and med-high humidity like a pokie. I suggest deeper substrate than a pokie as some individuals burrow a lot, even as adults (more sub holds humidity longer anyways) just respect how fast and defensive they are, oh and the females can reach 10+ inch too.
Just curious where your ratio numbers com from since I haven't heard that before . . . Also, what is a Singapore yellow?

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just curious where your ratio numbers com from since I haven't heard that before . . . Also, what is a Singapore yellow?
I've never heard of that particular ratio for this species either, but when he says Singapore yellow, I'm pretty sure he means a MM L. violaceopes because they turn a rather vibrant yellow/green color upon maturing:

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
ah, thank you - - I wasn't aware the color change was that dramatic - - good info.