Since everyone else is asking...

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I need a new T and I'm not sure what I want, either.

I'd like something that's:

1) terrestrial/burrowing
2) is active (my others are paperweights)
3) colorful if possible (though I would settle for jet black;P )
4) less than likely to knuckle-rape me while maintaining the living quarters

The first 3 are essential, the last is negotiable :D

N.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
red knee, blood leg, Greenbottle blue, PZB, brazilion black and white. all of these are on my wish list but I'm not sure on the temperment

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what about an L. parahybana.....the good ol Salmon Pink B-eater....i have one.... they get huge......are terrestrial/burrowing..... are very active.....are beautiful even tho dark brown almost black....and they like to flick hairs but from what ive seen in mine is not very aggressive or even defensive.

the only thing is that mine is only like 4.5" and her temperament might change some

hope this helps

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my most active terrestrial Ts are:

- 2" G. pulchra
- 1 1/2" B. albopilosum
- 2" B. albopilosum
- 3/4" E. campestratus

i think the most interesting to watch personally is the E. campestratus because although the B. albos do burrow, she makes remarkable structures out of her dirt! lol. :)

all of these are typically very docile as well and the B. albo are particularly soft. ;)

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok, lemme address these suggestions...

-no more Brachy's. I got smithi, and I really don't care for more, with the exception of maybe vagans. I still think those are pretty.

-I'd like to have atleast 1 T I can handle, so no notorious hair kickers

Do PZBs kick often? How 'bout G. pulchra?

N.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greenbottles are colorful and active....plus they web up a storm and grow really fast. A bit speedy as spiderlings, but they evertually chill out as adults.

G. pulchra are also nice, but they burrow like crazy and hide for weeks at a time.

Pink Zebra beauty is nice looking and calm.

-Jill

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
PZBs are not flicky in the slightest, and mine is more than a pet rock. She stays out in the open almost 24 / 7 , and frequently crawls around and/ or climbs the glass.

The greenbottle is next on my list, because of its temperament, coloration, activity, and ease of care.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

malaysian earth tiger(c. shioedtei), get big, are colorful, and pack a major attitude), quite nice looking, they are a burrower/terrestial/aboreal you name it heh, but you wanted something you could handle?--Jeff

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey not to spoil anything.... but my little 1.5" GBB likes to kick hairs!.....just a comment....and its pretty funny to watch

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
Do PZBs kick often? How 'bout G. pulchra?
From my experience, no, my G. pulchra has never kicked hairs at all. From people I have spoken to, it seems to me as if G. pulchra aren't really prone to kick hairs often. But yes, being a New World species, they are definitely capable of it. :)

Originally posted by arachnopunks
G. pulchra are also nice, but they burrow like crazy and hide for weeks at a time.
Interesting. Although I'm not exactly experienced with Ts, mine doesn't seem to be shy at all. She dug up a little burrow a couple months ago, but she has since covered it up and used the clay pot I provided for her. With the exception of being in pre-molt, she spends a lot of time out of her clay pot.

Bry

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, i didn't realize G. pulchra could kick hairs! this might sound stupid, but what exactly IS the classification of NW and OW?

i still think those as well as E. campestratus are awesome. both are beautiful as well. :)

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this might sound stupid, but what exactly IS the classification of NW and OW?

Hi

OW (Old World); meaning the Eastern Hemisphere such as Asia, Africa, India, etc....) NW (New World); meaning the Western Hemisphere such as North, Central, South America). Tarantulas from the Eastern Hemiphere are not known to possess urticating hair, but in general are more prone to defensive behavior, bite and are believed to have more potent venom, while Western Hemisphere (NW) T's do possess urticating hair in some form or another.

hope that helps,

Dean
www.tarantulastop.com