Simandoa conserfariam Problems

Simandoalover

Arachnopeon
I have many pet roaches, one of my most beloved named Mosag is a Simandoa cave roach (Simandoa conserfariam). I went on vacation last week and left her alone, when I came back the had some shed on her that wasn’t coming off and she was having trouble moving. I later found that she was missing all of her feet on her right side and one on her left, it has been a week and though she is still alive, she can barely move because of her feet. I’m not sure how this happened because I keep her alone, the only other animal in the enclosure are some springtails, if anyone has any solutions for what to do about the shed or what caused these problems, it would be great to know.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My guess would be the humidity got too low so she had a bad molt. That said, it really could be anything that caused it. Molting is an incredibly difficult time for an arthropod and sometimes random things happen. I've had some kept under excellent conditions and still had a couple that either didn't make it through a molt or just had a bad molt. Fortunately roaches are extremely resilient, so as long as she isn't an adult the feet will likely grow back next molt. Even if she is an adult, she'll make it work. Roaches have been around for millions of years for a reason :)

Polenth

Arachnobaron
You can help with the stuck pieces by getting them wet. A paint brush is a good way to moisten them. You may be able to brush some of it off once it's softened. If it covers her rear end, focus on clearing that, so that she can poop properly. The rest will fall off eventually.

For the walking, experiment with surfaces until you find one she can grip. With hissers, I've found bare plastic or a sheet of paper is better than soil. If you don't want to de-soil the tank, you could try things like dead leaves or a flat piece of bark, just to make the surface less crumbly for her. You'll most likely have to place water and food directly in front of her, so that she doesn't need to walk to it.

Simandoalover

Arachnopeon
I had put her in a more simple set Up on Saturday with paper towels and food with some hiding spots, I did manage to get the stuck shed off her back. unfortunately I came to check on her this evening and she wasn’t responding to my touch so I think she is sadly dead. But thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I had put her in a more simple set Up on Saturday with paper towels and food with some hiding spots, I did manage to get the stuck shed off her back. unfortunately I came to check on her this evening and she wasn’t responding to my touch so I think she is sadly dead. But thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
Sad to hear, but there wasn't anything more you could do. She probably got internal damage with the bad moult.