Simandoa cave roach

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
My inlaws work for the American Cave Museum in Horse Cave, Kentucky. They want to feature Simonoan cave roaches in the museum! How cool is that? Trouble is, I'm having little luck finding specific care instructions for this species. Breeding instructions would be fantastic. I'd be grateful for any tips or links you guys have for these. Thanks!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
There is some great care info for this species right here, (be sure to click on the Detailed Species Stats). From what I've heard, these guys like lots of fruit in their diet, more so than many other live bearing roaches. Keep their enclosure fairly humid but not too wet, and give them plenty of space and hides.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I did read that, but I was hoping for more. That's good to know about the fruit. Think oranges will be okay? I've never had a roach who didn't appreciate an orange and they don't mold super quick. On the days my inlaws are there, they will take care of the roaches' needs, but on thier days off, they may need to go without care, just food left in for them.
Thanks @Hisserdude for being a great source of roach knowledge!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I did read that, but I was hoping for more. That's good to know about the fruit. Think oranges will be okay? I've never had a roach who didn't appreciate an orange and they don't mold super quick. On the days my inlaws are there, they will take care of the roaches' needs, but on thier days off, they may need to go without care, just food left in for them.
Thanks @Hisserdude for being a great source of roach knowledge!
Yeah, there's not a lot to go into detail really, this species is pretty easy to care for and has just the basic roach care needs, (though they like it just a teensy bit dryer than other moisture loving roaches). :) Oranges would be OK, though I would offer apples from time to time as well.

And thanks, I try my best to help out! :D

Also, how big do these guys get?
Males get to 42 mm long, and females can get to 47. So about four centimetres long.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Yeah, there's not a lot to go into detail really, this species is pretty easy to care for and has just the basic roach care needs, (though they like it just a teensy bit dryer than other moisture loving roaches). :) Oranges would be OK, though I would offer apples from time to time as well.

And thanks, I try my best to help out! :D

Males get to 42 mm long, and females can get to 47. So about four centimetres long.
Thanks!

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Very cool. I live about an hour from that area. There are other cave species that would be awesome as well.