Sill T's in underground burrows

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Silly T's in underground burrows

I've been housing these two buggers - "Teddy", one of my 3 albopilosum's, and "Shaun" G.pulchra in glass cubes with a lot of peat. So they made burrows under the little pots I provided for them, and I never see them :(

While moving the cubes today, I happened to peak underneath and guess what ... I can see them LOL !!!
Now I'm trying to figure out their sex :confused:

Will they come out more when they get bigger (and feel more confident ?) In my short time keeping T's I find the smaller they are, the more they hide ?!

Last edited:

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL, I love it when they think they are hiding, but I see them from a corner of the tank.

Once they get bigger they will be less shy.
A lot of slings will burrow for safety, and as they get older they spend more time on the surface. :)

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G. pulchra dug a burrow during its premolt and then after it molted it filled it back in.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is full grown and NEVER leaves the burrow (that I see) I SOMTIMES, see her at the head of the burrow. But the good thing is, that I can always see her because it is against the glass, and whatever part isn't against the glass I can see straight into it because it's burrow is a straight line that goes across the entire bottom of the tank. And another good thing, she is very "clean" when she eats, she brings the bolus up to the top of the burrow and leaves it there for me to remove! The wierd thing is. she doesn't use web on the burrow so I'm always afraid it will cave on her.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Mine is pretty much sealed in her's she is really active at night though. I like the burrowing T's a lot

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Ive had a B.vagans since it was a sling a little over a year ago and other then crickets not coming back out of the hole untill about 3 months ago I never saw it. I have noticed that it is coming out more and more. It actually is starting to spend more time out of its hole now then in it. But still everytime I open its enclosure to get a good pic all I get is a red blury but going towards a hole. LOL all the blury but pics I have Ill post on here if you wanna see.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
lol well keeping burrowers i guess we shouldn't see much of them lol. I don't see the king baboon often sometimes at night but thats about it. I saw some tv show the other day where this guy was talking about these big holes in the ground in africa. And he said they where big mean spiders lol

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not sure about the albopilosum, but the pulchra looks female to me.
And my albo's name is Teddy,too. {D

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Had my B. emilia for about a year now. Went from the size of my thumbnail to about the size of my palm. It likes to burrow all the way down to the bottom of the enclosure, and luckily, puts the tunnel and burrow right against the wall. Now, everytime I pick up or open the enclosure, it pracically jumps out of the burrow and waits, because it is usually feeding time when I pick it up. S/he is very food oriented.

Dodge

Arachnopeon
Ha ha, my G. Pulchra did that underground hiding thing too, well needless to say I fixed that little problem ;)

Right after a molt, ummm... that I would have MISSED BTW, lol