Silent Crickets Breeding

JxsPxxle

Arachnopeon
My silent crickets have become not so silent and i’ve been hearing gentle chirping recently. I am trying to breed them is this a good sign? They were teeny when I got them and have doubled in size at least.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Chirping is a good sign, it means you at least have mature males.

JxsPxxle

Arachnopeon
Are these banded crickets? Grylloides sigillatus?
Sorry for the late reply, i’m not sure the box said “2nd brown crickets” but i’ve been housing them for a couple of months in a large container hoping to breed them. Also if your the real Aquarimax I love your youtube channel!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry for the late reply, i’m not sure the box said “2nd brown crickets” but i’ve been housing them for a couple of months in a large container hoping to breed them. Also if your the real Aquarimax I love your youtube channel!
Got it. Probably Acheta domestica then. they tend to be fairly cannibalistic when the nymphs are small. I keep them in a nursery bin inside the larger bin. And yes, I am the REAL Aquarimax 😊👍 Thanks for watching!!

JxsPxxle

Arachnopeon
Thank you @Aquarimax I have noticed a fair amount of cannibalism but as they have grown older it’s became less and less. I have added tubs of soil so should I move these to a different nursery box for the nymphs to grow or leave them all together ?