Signs

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What are some signs to look for that a T is not doing well. The reason i ask is because I'm keeping my G. rosea in the KK that she come in. I'm going to move her to a 10 gallon tank after I'm sure I can keep her alive. Thanks in advice

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Signs are,
Weight loss,
Legs curled/ moving really slow or jerky,
Wow I am drawing a blank after those two. But I am sure she is fine to move into her final home now,that small KK is not really her style. Just keep it dry and offer her a water dish. Has she eaten anything since you have had her?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Signs are,
Weight loss,
Legs curled/ moving really slow or jerky,
Wow I am drawing a blank after those two. But I am sure she is fine to move into her final home now,that small KK is not really her style. Just keep it dry and offer her a water dish. Has she eaten anything since you have had her?
yeah she has ate. She ate 7 crickets last week and 8 this week. the main reason i want to move her is A. like you said too small, there is not enough room for her to streach out after a molt. And B. A glass tank is heavyer, i have a cat and i don't want him to knock her over.
Another question. I got one of those "Turtle Huts" made by Zoo Med, would be ok to use that as her hide.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have used those in the past they work just fine. She sounds just fine, and if she ate that much she is more then fine. You are fine to move her to a bigger setup whenever you want to.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have used those in the past they work just fine. She sounds just fine, and if she ate that much she is more then fine. You are fine to move her to a bigger setup whenever you want to.
Ok cool. Thanks for the advice, you are a great guy.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah she has ate. She ate 7 crickets last week and 8 this week.
Just so you know, two adult crickets a week is plenty. :)

As for the ten gallon, you're going to have to put a LOT of substrate in there. The distance from dirt to ceiling should be no more than about the legspan of the spider, to help protect against dying if she climbs and falls. It DOES happen, and it isn't uncommon, despite how unlikely it seems to us because hey, spiders are awesome climbers, right?

They aren't really, no. Especially fat terrestrials, and even more especially if there's a cat in the house to startle them while they're up on something. {D

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you can use some fillers so you don't have to use all substrate to fill it up. Put some empty 20oz bottles in the bottom. Empty cool whip, sour cream, cottage cheese..etc. etc. containers work well also... they take up a lot of space so you won't so much substrate...