Sigh and so things didn't go as planned

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
G. Rosea was NOT part of the plan when I initially picked out my T list. Well they were on it but far down the list. Well 4 in the past month now. Just purchased a mature male today. 5" inches. He's very active. Explored the dining room for about 20 minutes while I prepared his enclosure.

However, after sizing him up against the two females, it is quite clear why the women dominate. My goodness the size comparison is ridiculous up close. They look like She Hulks compared to him, but they are all around 5" inches with the one female nearing 6" inches.

Any attempts at mating will be quite the adventure.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
hehe. for a species that many call boring, they're addictive. I know from my experiences. Half of my collection right now is rosies.:D

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
hehe. for a species that many call boring, they're addictive. I know from my experiences. Half of my collection right now is rosies.:D
Well, they are fairly inexpensive, so that doesn't help matters. LOL And Monday I'll be getting my 2nd A. Metallica. I love them. And it was sitting in the Pet Store today looking so small and fuzzy. About 3 inches I'd say. But it was bunched in a corner at the bottom of the enclosure. I have to go get it.

And had this guy not gotten rid of his two adult Roses for $25 before I got to him I'd have 5 right now!

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aw, people only think they're boring because they're common. That doesn't mean they're boring, it just means there's more adventure to go around!
Have fun with your new lad.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree... The G. rosea is completely under rated... I have 5 adult females... Five 1" unsexed slings that came from my first girl.. And a 1.5" unsexed (I believe male..) RCF... :D

What can I say? They are one of my favorite tarantula.. :D

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
I agree... The G. rosea is completely under rated... I have 5 adult females... Five 1" unsexed slings that came from my first girl.. And a 1.5" unsexed (I believe male..) RCF... :D

What can I say? They are one of my favorite tarantula.. :D

One of my females Roses I've grown attached to. Nothing against the other two just this one in particular she's just so bulky and pretty. And always up to something. I watched her dig up a flower prop and push it in the corner after I took my time out to buy it for her. I guess we're always in disagreement? {D LOL

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of my females Roses I've grown attached to. Nothing against the other two just this one in particular she's just so bulky and pretty. And always up to something. I watched her dig up a flower prop and push it in the corner after I took my time out to buy it for her. I guess we're always in disagreement? {D LOL
Yeah.. I have the sae feelings towards Rosie.. She was my first.. So she will come before all of my others..

She used to burrow alot.. But I had to down size some enclosure due to limited space for now.. So she cant do alot of burrowing.. Once I move though.. They all get upgrades & what not..