Side Molting

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My B. emilia (.75in) decided to molt on its side. I hope he/she makes it through ok. Anyone have a T. molt on its side recently?

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I've had Ts have molt sideways, facing upwards etc.. with no issue, it should make it through alright.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Yup, my G. pulchra juvenile molted on its side two weeks ago. I was more concerned with how much space it had to molt in its burrow, but it molted just fine and ate its first meal a few days ago.

Estein

Arachnoknight
My (now) 4" G. porteri did the same at her last molt--even fell slowly into her water dish as she pulled out of the old exo. I wouldn't expect anything other than a healthy molt from your little guy/gal. :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Should have no trouble at all. My Avicularia molt sideways all the time, or hanging upside down. It can be a little worrisome to witness, I was very anxious when my GBB decided to molt sideways and in a very tight spot a couple of years ago.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Yup.. Only seen it a few times since I've been keeping Ts but it happens.. No worrys man..

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Interesting! I haven't had one do that yet. Do they just "fall" out onto their canopy?
My A.metallica is making preparations for doing it again I think. S/he spins a big molting hammock, and sits on the underside of the lid. She doesn't fall, fortunately, she slowly drops out of the old exo, leaving it at the lid, with her on the webbing. It is a sling by the way,could be she will change it when she is older.