Sickens Me...

Blaze

Arachnopeon
hey guys... I was just on youtube and I noticed that one of my friends favorited a video... I watched it and its a bunch of idiots, killing a tarantula because it was in their garage... wasn't sure of the species but it was a good size...
now around this time 1 year ago, i would've laughed and probably favorited the video... but now that i'm in this hobby, i actually got a sick feeling in my stomach? it actually made me feel pretty pissed off that there are some people in this world who would rather have a laugh by killing an amazing creature rather than scooping it up in a cup and letting it go outside...

heres the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DeMMTEnzwk

Last edited:

Lolita

Arachnoknight
inverts are highly misunderstood animals and more often than not people would rather destroy something then learn to live with it and learn how it works truth is a lot of people see tarantulas as screaming little spiders who will run towards you fangs bared now we know otherwise but a lot of people don't my suggestion is discuss this topic with your friends and try to educate them on why tarantulas don't deserve that sort of treatment

Lolita

Arachnoknight
oh okay was just curious cause all 3 of us posted i was like umm?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
That stuff used to really bother me. I have come to just accept that people do what they do and they aren't doing it to my personal T's.

Oh and this thread has ADD

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While I agree that animals often get less respect than they should, and that there are plenty of idiots out there doing bad things to animals - How many of you out there who are moaning about "poor abused misunderstood tarantulas" will extend your sympathies to "poor abused misunderstood crickets"? It's our nature to choose favorites, and to sacrifice non-favorites for the benefit of our favorites. Yes, the jerks shooting at a tarantula in the garage are truly jerks. Would you have considered them jerks if they were shooting a roach or a cricket?

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
While I agree that animals often get less respect than they should, and that there are plenty of idiots out there doing bad things to animals - How many of you out there who are moaning about "poor abused misunderstood tarantulas" will extend your sympathies to "poor abused misunderstood crickets"? It's our nature to choose favorites, and to sacrifice non-favorites for the benefit of our favorites. Yes, the jerks shooting at a tarantula in the garage are truly jerks. Would you have considered them jerks if they were shooting a roach or a cricket?
This is a great point. I think that T people are great because once they realize that something as unpopular as tarantulas can be so awesome, then they start to rethink every other "lower" lifeform. I have found that most T keepers usually take good care of their feeder crickets/roaches, and would rather relocate a bug they find in the house instead of killing it.
This is not true of all T keepers, but I would say most of em. I personally never kill ANYTHING unless it is an immediate threat to me or my group. Unless of course I accidentally run over a beetle or something with my skateboard, but then I actually feel horrible afterwards, lol. My friends call me a spaced out hippy, but then I just call them nazi facists & we all go on our way. I've litterally charged one of my friends and knocked him on his arse for not complying when I told him "dont kill that bug!!!!". Now he does'nt step on innocent creatures when I'm around :D

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Being a vegetarian that refuses to kill anything uselessly (by uselessly I mean stomping on a bug over feeding it to another bug) I get called a hippy allot.

MrDusty

Arachnopeon
It bothers me a lot when I see videos like that...I'm a full blown meat eater but I still won't kill anything unless I have a reason to.

Thought about posting the video to help get it flagged down :D?

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It bothers me a lot when I see videos like that...I'm a full blown meat eater but I still won't kill anything unless I have a reason to.

Thought about posting the video to help get it flagged down :D?
I like how you think, I agree 100%

MrDusty

Arachnopeon
I like how you think, I agree 100%
On the forum I'm on often I made a whole thread for flagging down bad videos for any sort've abuse to animals. We've gotten like...4 of the videos taken down I believe so far.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These used to tick me off, but I realize that they are still very misunderstood like a lot of bugs are. It's usually just ignorance. I would understand better if they were killing things to feed a pet, not let the body and life go to waste.

I don't know about you, but I really don't HATE crickets. That's kind of a strong statement. It's nothing personal.... my guys have to eat after all.

Hey Brandon, did you see that post on a PETA thread about the one keeper who was told he/she needed to stop the suffering of crickets and get the tarantula on a vegan diet? {D:wall:

Blaze

Arachnopeon
These used to tick me off, but I realize that they are still very misunderstood like a lot of bugs are. It's usually just ignorance. I would understand better if they were killing things to feed a pet, not let the body and life go to waste.

I don't know about you, but I really don't HATE crickets. That's kind of a strong statement. It's nothing personal.... my guys have to eat after all.

Hey Brandon, did you see that post on a PETA thread about the one keeper who was told he/she needed to stop the suffering of crickets and get the tarantula on a vegan diet? {D:wall:
haha no brother I didnt see that one...
YEAH I DONT HATE CRICKETS EITHER... MY BABIES NEED TO EAT :mad:
i understand the sacrificing of one animal to feed another...but killing a Tarantula for a "lmfao moment" is just like.....why? she was

BlueTarantula11

Arachnopeon
After seing your post I went on youtube and typed in "shooting a tarantula" and came across this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C6xF50hWes

This might not be the video you are reffering to but that does suck.

The only part that made me laugh was that the guy in the video is named brandon, atleast thats what it says in the description.
Not that its you but it was just funny when I noticed it cause you have brandon on your username.

Last edited: