Sick Thai Zebra?

virgy1

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I bought a Thai Zebra from a pet store a week ago. The tarantula seemed quite shy when I first brought him home. I put my T in his new home 2 days after buying him. The set up is perfect! Humidity and temps are spot on, but my T seems to be acting like no other T I have ever seen. He barely moves, even when I touch his abdomen with a paint brush to get him moving. His abdomen looks fine so I don't think he is dehydrated. I am worried about this guy and I cant find much information about this species online. At the same time I bought this guy, I also bought a Starburst Baboon who is active and doing wonderful. Does anyone have any tips on this species? Does it sound like he could be sick/dying?

Thanks,
Virginia

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's most likely wild caught.
It could just be unfamiliar with it's surroundings.
I would stop poking at it.

Den

Arachnosquire
the starburst baboon is called Pterinochilus Murinus and they like it dry. They are semi everythig. some like to burrow, like mine, and some like to become arboreal. They are also big webbers. The haplo will like moist with lots of substrate. both of these species can be really nasty so be careful. best of luck! :D