Sicarius HELP

Stugy

Arachnolord
Well I got a Sicarius sp. Chile from a good man on this forum about a month ago or so and ever since I got it, it has refused to eat and I really didn't care much as it has evolved to not eat for long periods of time. So just a few minutes ago I went to check on it and I found it like this: Sicarius HELP 002.jpg Sicarius HELP 003.jpg Sicarius HELP 004.jpg
Is it molting or is it dying? Please answer as the only thing I own that has ever molted was my Hogna lenta and I didn't see it molt lol.

basin79

ArachnoGod
That's interesting. One of my Sicarius Terrosus always sheds on the sand, or that's what I thought as the skin has always been in the middle of the enclosure. Is this the norm for them then?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Forgot to say this, when I got home yesterday it was out of it's skin so yeah. It was a molt. :) I'll post some pics when I get home today. I didn't mess with it in any way during its molt as I was there. I was only there for the picture :p

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Whoa, I hadn't seen one start to molt before, so that's pretty cool! I do remember when I had a bunch of them living together they seemed to like molting on a slanted piece of bark, so maybe they need a bit of help from gravity to start molting? I would find lots of molts in the center too, so maybe they don't really care what the molting surface is. Or it could just be personal preference and that's what this little guy/girl likes better. I'd try feeding this coming weekend and see if it takes it. They tend to harden up pretty quickly while young, so you may be able to feed sooner, but I always wait a couple extra days to be safe. The nice thing is that they usually let you know pretty quickly if they're hungry when food gets dropped in :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Whoa, I hadn't seen one start to molt before, so that's pretty cool! I do remember when I had a bunch of them living together they seemed to like molting on a slanted piece of bark, so maybe they need a bit of help from gravity to start molting? I would find lots of molts in the center too, so maybe they don't really care what the molting surface is. Or it could just be personal preference and that's what this little guy/girl likes better. I'd try feeding this coming weekend and see if it takes it. They tend to harden up pretty quickly while young, so you may be able to feed sooner, but I always wait a couple extra days to be safe. The nice thing is that they usually let you know pretty quickly if they're hungry when food gets dropped in :)
Cool! My feeder supply is at zero right now and I'm thinking of starting a dubia colony... But cockroaches and my family don't mix at all.