Sia Ferox/Raspy Bulldog Cricket Feeding

ButterMan

Arachnosquire
Wow I would love to have one of those. They look so tough compared to most other bugs

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
Wow I would love to have one of those. They look so tough compared to most other bugs
They really are quite hardy (and Vicious too, they can easily take on a tarantula 😆 ), but they tend to become vulnerable/sensitive during molting—subadults need at least 15-20 cm of soil to burrow and properly molt.

Last edited:

ButterMan

Arachnosquire
They really are quite hardy (and Vicious too, they can easily take on a tarantula 😆 ), but they tend to become vulnerable/sensitive during molting—subadults need at least 15-20 cm of soil to burrow and properly molt.
Yeah I know that but I can’t find any of these for sale. Even my normal feeder crickets are vicious. these are just metal

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
Yeah I know that but I can’t find any of these for sale. Even my normal feeder crickets are vicious. these are just metal
They are only available in SEA to my knowledge. And their jaws are tough enough to chew threw plastic and acrylic—Glass is the only way to go with these guys. 😆

Hey man, cool cricket! But I'll have to inform you that Sia ferox is actually not the bulldog raspy cricket. The bulldog raspy cricket refers to species within the Chauliogryllacris genus. To my knowledge, raspy crickets refer to species in the Gryllacididae family, while Sia ferox falls under the Stenopelmatidae category.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - what I have just informed you is the trivial-naming system we used among Chinese orthopteran hobbyists, which might not apply among English-speaking hobbyists.