Showing off some of my/Tabors collection

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I posted these in the video section, but since it is the less frequented section due to the load time I thought I'd post them here too. I recently sent these guys to 'Tabor'.

The first is a Pandinus cavimanus. Watch the stills in the middle of the vid, you'll see his/her tank mates corpse in the hole behind him.

[YOUTUBE]P9srQ26fhcc[/YOUTUBE]​

This is a vid of two Pandinus imperators 'danging' I put all my emps in 1 small container to 'collect' them to pack them up and these two got it on... so I took the others out and shot this vid. It resulted in a sucessful mating.

[YOUTUBE]6DwP1S6Mwb4[/YOUTUBE]​

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice mating vid, those people who have been asking about how to breed imps should refer to that so they know what to look for !

;P ;P

edit: I had to separate the imp's due to fighting :?

No idea... guess shipping made them mad {D

-adam

Last edited:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the other half of tabor chiming in here: we really appreciate your shipment man! theyre all thriving and doing well, new molts every day. I dont think we've lost a single one. I'm also closing in on an ID for those heterometrus spp. :clap:

And as always, great vids.

-ryan

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice mating vid, those people who have been asking about how to breed imps should refer to that so they know what to look for !...

-adam
... I'm also closing in on an ID for those heterometrus spp. :clap:

And as always, great vids.

-ryan
Thanks for the compliments. And I'm glad to hear they are thriving. Sorry to hear the P.imps are fighting, I kept all the males in a 20gal long they had plenty of hides but all of them were in just one hole :confused: . I can't wait till you find out more about those Hets, I didn't have any external resources to tap.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That mating vid was awesome! I'm now guessing my one emp mating attempt was unsuccessful.

If these Hets are related to the 2I you sent me, someone (I think it was Brian S?) seemed pretty sure they're longimanus. Which would kick telson. :D

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice vids, Thaedion. In the vid with the red claw, after the stills, it looks like he's got a claw on your pinky. I've always found it amazing how you handle your scorps. I still get alittle shaky with mine, and she's only alittle girly. lol.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice vids, Thaedion. In the vid with the red claw, after the stills, it looks like he's got a claw on your pinky. I've always found it amazing how you handle your scorps. I still get alittle shaky with mine, and she's only alittle girly. lol.
Thanks for the compliment.:worship:

Yeah it was pinching me up pretty good there, if you look close enough you can see that my pinky goes white as it squeeze out the blood. :D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is still no definitive word on those un-ID'd heterometrus. Everyone has an opinion. Brian S is convinced theyre longimanus. I have many longimanus, none of them look like this.. also the granulation is different. I have sent detailed pics to people around the world, including het. experts in Asia, and no one really has a definitive answer.

I think the ultimate solution will be having an official scorpioloigist examining either one of the juveniles or the dead/preserved body of an adult.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WHich Het is tat anyway ? :?
Damn...they are a jumbled mess of spp...:eek:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
WHich Het is tat anyway ? :?
Damn...they are a jumbled mess of spp...:eek:
it's the one in this video. :p
[YOUTUBE]Ht7grDB_Ygw[/YOUTUBE]​

some say H longimanu borneesis, some say H petersii (forest morph) some say :confused: :confused: :confused:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Michael,

I have formed a fairly soild opinion for you. But I want to see what you think. ;) LOL

Goto, 0:20 on the video in the post above. Then look at these. Then PM me. ;) I wish I didn't get rid of my heterometrus, they were cool.

Ed

H Petersii

Last edited:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
EAD, its not a spinifer, the claws are completely off. Although you are right, the granulation on the head is pretty similar. I'm personally leaning towards a subspecies of longimanus, or a subspecies of petersii. We shall see, we shall see..

edit: its also not a petersii (picture labeled 25) because petersii have a black telson.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ay, that was a mistake... It's supposed to be petersii and longimanus, I will change that... because your right is obviously not spinier.

Anyways, from the video my post is reguarding, the telson is blatently black. The telson doesn't have to be jet black like some species, but it is quite notably darker than most. By looking at the patterning for petersii, and longimanus, you can see the specimen is question has a caprice that is far too busy for H longimanus longimanus, I'm not quite sure about how much different a sub-species would be, but I can't imagine it being far off. Also, H petersii has a *fairly* distinct trapisoid shaped femur on the front arms. Although I'm not a scientist, and can't see the specimens in question. I'd still say petersii is a better fit than longimanus, but thats just my opinion. The granulation, with a good eye (excuse my flash), can be compared to my petersii, here.
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/ead063/Heterometrus/?action=view&current=101_0520.jpg

Ed

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ay, that was a mistake... It's supposed to be petersii and longimanus, I will change that... because your right is obviously not spinier.

Anyways, from the video my post is reguarding, the telson is blatently black. The telson doesn't have to be jet black like some species, but it is quite notably darker than most. By looking at the patterning for petersii, and longimanus, you can see the specimen is question has a caprice that is far too busy for H longimanus longimanus, I'm not quite sure about how much different a sub-species would be, but I can't imagine it being far off. Also, H petersii has a *fairly* distinct trapisoid shaped femur on the front arms. Although I'm not a scientist, and can't see the specimens in question. I'd still say petersii is a better fit than longimanus, but thats just my opinion. The granulation, with a good eye (excuse my flash), can be compared to my petersii, here.
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/ead063/Heterometrus/?action=view&current=101_0520.jpg

Ed
Specimens of the un-ID's have been sent to people who keep MOST Heterometrus species (including longimanus and petersii), and they compared them to everything they had and said it was none of them.

Brian S has some similar and is convinced are longimanus.. which i disagree with, perhaps a subspecies. The petersii seems most likely, but it is different from ones other keepers have and most definitely does not have a black telson.

edit: could you post shots of your petersii? including the claws. thanks.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool vids, thanks! I watched a huge male I have mate with CB female I've had for over 2 years now a couple of days ago. Sure wish I had a female as big if it's a genetic thing, like I think it is. I have a few Heteros and I still don't know what a couple of them are. I think one's going to have babies, whatever it is.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are the only few pictures I don't have uploaded that would be of use to you. The second picture, which is female, has a noticably lighter colored telson, and is just to point that out.

Hope it helps, don't stress over my opinion either since you can see them and I can't ;)

Ed