Show off your cats!

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
My newest rescue, haven’t named her yet. Had her quarantined because she had really bad diarrhea. She had a infection on her bum, was skin and bones although she doesn’t look it cuz her coat is pretty thick so it hides it well. She was on meds and antibiotics I need to take a newer pic.

Attachments

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
It was a touch chilly this morning in the spider room... Kitty was much more interested in a warm snuggle than in those dumb plastic boxes up on the desk.
PXL_20230109_144715182.jpg

(Yes, it is also craft room, sewing room, music room, and my home office. Don't judge me 🤣)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
This is Earl of Gray 😊 we have had him 2 years and he is a little mummy's boy he is never far from my side.

1000003994.jpg
Telling mummy to stop messing with spiders n pay him attention 😆
1000003986.jpg

This is Arlo he came with that name, a couple round the corner moved and left him behind so he moved in with us after Earl brought him home 😊

1000004000.jpg

This is Lucius Malfoy, he is a ferrol that lived on the train tracks behind our house but after 2 years and alot of food he has eventually integrated himself into our home even if he does still growl at everyone if you go near him hence the name 😆 1000003973.jpg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@quirinus That picture needs a caption. Reminds me of a friend, a corporate attorney, calculating how she can best deliver some humiliating defeat to an opposing law firm in a court.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
This summer, a kitten adopted us. One night, my husband heard cries that sounded like a cat, but he couldn’t locate the source in the darkness. The next morning, he heard the cries again and found this 9-week-old kitten camouflaged in the brush at the end of our driveway. As soon as my husband picked him up, the kitten would not leave his side and would cry if left alone.

We asked around, and no one was missing a kitten, and he had no microchip, so we kept him. We have no idea how he ended up here — I don’t think we were his first experience with people — but we’re glad he chose us.

The Snark

Old Timer
We asked around, and no one was missing a kitten,
Cute set of sharp needles with a kitten attached. Sounds like a drive by drop off. Five of our cats as kittens were victim to that trick. Drop them off at the end of a driveway.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Cute set of sharp needles with a kitten attached. Sounds like a drive by drop off. Five of our cats as kittens were victim to that trick. Drop them off at the end of a driveway.
How anyone could abandon that face (or any kitten really) is absolutely beyond me...and I'm practically immune to the kitten-eyes brand of cute when it comes to actually spoiling my furry critters.

a kitten adopted us
Absolute how the best ones always happen. 13/10 would hug that kitten forever. So glad he found a good home.

The Snark

Old Timer
How anyone could abandon that face (or any kitten really) is absolutely beyond me...
As the vet taught me how to load and administer the sodium pentothal he mentioned, "Over a million unwanted dogs and cats are born every day."

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
As the vet taught me how to load and administer the sodium pentothal he mentioned, "Over a million unwanted dogs and cats are born every day."
California is real bad rn for that. I’ve picked up 4 in the last 3 months of unwanted kittens and 2 dogs. Not even expensive breeds are immune to dumping. Good thing I was able to find rescues to take in the dogs. I’ve places 3 kittens in homes and just need to find one last one a home. I pay out of pocket to get them vetted, spayed, microchipped, and shots. It’s expensive but if I were to place cats in home without being fixed it would go back to square one of unwanted litters. People really need to spay and neuter their animals. They make responsible owners deal with their problems. I honestly say and I don’t care who it offends if you can’t afford an animal then don’t get one yet those are the same people asking for free animals.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
There are three possibilities that came to our minds:
  1. Someone abandoned him here. (Our driveway connects to a busy street, so it wouldn’t be easy to stop and drop off unwanted animals, but it could happen.)
  2. He was a stowaway who jumped off around here. (He loves vehicles and will climb into them if given the chance.)
  3. His mother got pregnant again and dropped him off here.

Absolute how the best ones always happen. 13/10 would hug that kitten forever. So glad he found a good home.
We couldn’t have ordered a better cat. We both really like grey tabbies, and the rusty points just make him even cuter.

The Snark

Old Timer
People really need to spay and neuter their animals. They make responsible owners deal with their problems. I honestly say and I don’t care who it offends if you can’t afford an animal then don’t get one yet those are the same people asking for free animals.
And spay or neuter continues to fall on deaf ears.
In various countries I've encountered a little ray of hope. Government sponsored and private sector spay and neutering programs. I was surprised to discover they had that program here in Thailand. The various veterinarian colleges in cooperation. The pre-graduate students carrying out the procedures.

I took Gnarly to one -assembly line- event with some trepidation.
Handed over the cat carrier, the students took over, handling, anesthetizing and the senior student - pre-grads, carrying out quite adept and capable minimally invasive surgery. The pet owners sat around in the room and were able to watch.
For me it was fascinating. Not at all what I had been trained in, putting the animal on it's back in restraints. She was plopped on her tummy, the student made about a 2 cm incision on her side and with extreme adeptness removed the entire organ through the tiny incision in about 5 minutes. Close, put back in the carrier and handed back to me.

And then, at the extreme other end of the spectrum, a cow, a first calf heifer not getting on with it up in Oregon. Several hours taking turns, the calf had a leg back. Lying on our stomachs in a pasture in the pouring rain reaching in up to your arm pit getting the leg out of the way then perfectly timed just before the pull the cow would push and back into the tangled mess and start over. ARRG.

Last edited:

The Snark

Old Timer
That picture reminded me. About 3 or 4 weeks after mama cat gave birth we came home to the mom contendedly sleeping in her box with all five kittens nowhere in sight! ?? We searched the house top to bottom. No kittens anywhere! Then by chance, picking up objects to look behind things... we had a vase on a low shelf downstairs. The vase about 10 inches tall and 8 inches across. All five kittens curled up inside in a pile.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
That picture reminded me. About 3 or 4 weeks after mama cat gave birth we came home to the mom contendedly sleeping in her box with all five kittens nowhere in sight! ?? We searched the house top to bottom. No kittens anywhere! Then by chance, picking up objects to look behind things... we had a vase on a low shelf downstairs. The vase about 10 inches tall and 8 inches across. All five kittens curled up inside in a pile.
Mama cat 100% put them in there so she could finally take a nap 🤣🤣

Last edited: