Should I make a burrow for my Mexican Red Knee?

Sophistikeo

Arachnopeon
I just got him after having a Chilean Rose Hair all my life so I don’t really know what it’s like to take care of other T’s. I looked it up and it says that Mexican Red knees are fossorial, so do I make a burrow for him?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I would put a cork bark hide in with a starter burrow. If she likes it, she will deepen it herself. I like to put a starter burrow near the glass so I can still monitor the spider when they close off the entrance.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got him after having a Chilean Rose Hair all my life so I don’t really know what it’s like to take care of other T’s. I looked it up and it says that Mexican Red knees are fossorial, so do I make a burrow for him?
Let’s use some critical thinking- do humans make a burrow for them in the wild?

Decide from there😉

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I didn’t back when I had two they just burrowed on their own . Definitely quick to kick hairs .

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
You’re overcomplicating things. Keep it simple, coco fibre, a water dish and a good sized enclosure with room temperature. It’ll make it’s own burrow if it wants one.

Read this:

WhiteMoss

Arachnosquire
I've found with most of my brachys they did their own burrowing as slings, but around the 3" mark they preferred already made burrows (as if it were an abandoned burrow in the wild). So pre-making a burrow is not a bad idea. Either way your T make the enclosure their own. People may not make their burrows for them, but other animals do.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
your brachy is not a fossorial t its a terrestrial t as slings most will burrow unless its an odd ball like mine was. it will dig a burrow if it chooses long as you have given it enough dirt for that choice along with a good hide to dig under

Scoot

Arachnopeon
Hide + substrate depth = happy Brachy with a choice. It'll do whatever it wants :rofl:

It might opt to use it, might not, might change from one moult to another. Sometimes they'll retreat prior to moulting then re-emerge afterwards. Then the same spider will moult right out in the open next time.