Should I feed my T

keeper1

Arachnopeon
I just saw my t molt for the first time its been days since it molted should I feed it I saw him/her have black fangs

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If the fangs are black then, yes feed.

It will be exhausted and need a meal.

cold blood

Staff member
How big it it? Smaller ts recover faster.

What species? Faster growing species recover faster, especially when smaller.

How many days? Days can mean anything from 2 days to 100 days to infinity.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
If you're looking for reference I waited 2 weeks when my 2.25 inch GBB last molted

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If the fangs are black then go for it, if the T doesn't go for the prey item straight away then remove it and try again in a few days.

As for how long it takes for them to be ready to eat again, it varies.
I've had a 2cm E. cyanognathus sling eat within 24hrs of moulting (put a pre-killed mealworm outside its web tube/burrow, checked back the next day to find it sat next to an exuvia happily munching on the mealworm, I didn't even know it was in premoult as it had eaten just 3 days before), I've generally found that small slings are good to start eating again after 3-5 days, juvies around a week after and subadults/adults around a fortnight after although some may refuse food for longer.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
A week is my general rule of thumb for most of my Ts. A little longer than that doesn't hurt, either.

keeper1

Arachnopeon
How big it it? Smaller ts recover faster.

What species? Faster growing species recover faster, especially when smaller.

How many days? Days can mean anything from 2 days to 100 days to infinity.
Its a small Grammostola Pulchripes about 2 inches its went well btw it was a couple days sorry for that