Should I be worried ?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My beloved versicolor female has this white chunk right under her fangs . I am worried they are nematodes or whatever they are lol . I just can NOT loose this girl ! Is there any way to get rid of those ?

Thank you !
:?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have seen this on ALL of our Avicularia at some point. I freaked when it was first noticed,but it did no harm.Odds are it was poop/tarantula vomit( if they are capable of regurgitation, I haven't the slightest clue))If the white stuff is not moving/squirming,I would say your T is fine.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have seen this on ALL of our Avicularia at some point. I freaked when it was first noticed,but it did no harm.Odds are it was poop/tarantula vomit( if they are capable of regurgitation, I haven't the slightest clue))If the white stuff is not moving/squirming,I would say your T is fine.
Yeah . It does look like poop . . . I just seen peoples ts have them , then they cant eat , and they die .

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd quarantine her from the rest of your collection until you know what it is. I think as long as the white mass isn't moving and wiggling around she'll be fine. I've noticed some of my avics get some poop near their mouth parts before so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Just keep an eye on her.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like I said,unless the white stuff is squirming/moving,I would not even worry about it.If you are still really worried,move her away from your other t's.I bet that she is fine though...I have seen this on over 50 avicularia that we have,and not one issue...

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
my ornata also has a white thing its not mites because its bigger and it isnt moving...

RoseT

Arachnosquire
My AA had that just last night, it was after the feeding and as i looked closer it looks as if she was foaming a bit from the mouth...