Should I be Concerned??

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed earlier that my juvie T. Blondi was bleeding a bit from a leg joint...I took care of the bleeding but then about an hour after found him on his back moulting....Should i be concerned that the force of the moult could cause him to bleed more? I don't know if theres really anything i could do anyway without disturbing him during his moult which i'd rather not do..just wondering if anyone else has had any similar thing happen and what was the outcome? :eek:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no don't be worried some t's can bleed from joints before moults. just wait and watch.
good luck

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok thanks...i've had a couple bleed before but never right before a moult...now i just have to wait and see how her moult goes! She should put on some size this time too!

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually I dont think she is dying...... I think she is very over due for a molt.... I have on more then one occasion seen fluid coming from the joints from T's often the night or a few nights before a molt. I would leave her be, observe her every now and then, make sure she as access to water.
Don't do the superglue thing again.... if a fall is not suspected then just wait a bit. Little patience here might be the difference between you killing her and her molting.
This was posted on a similar thread a few days ago. It's about a different species and a slightly different circumstance, but I think all-in-all it answers your question.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im not an expert but i would think it will be fine. they bleed between the new and old skin to loosen it. chances are the new leg is fine. disturbing her during a molt would probably be a big mistake as long as the leg is not still bleeding i would just wait and watch.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am not sure because I have not looked into it, but I think its just the lubercation that formes between both exoskeletons. You have two layers the old and the new. When molt time is near the Ts body creates lubercation (I dont know what else to call it) so that the old exo can be cast off easily. Thus why people are more focused on the internal hydration of a T and not so much humidity (save some species)
So I dont think its bleeding at all.
My guess is a lot of that "lubercant" is produced sometimes causing the old exo to crack and appear to bleed when close to a molt. But I dont think it affects the new exo in any way he should be just fine.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ahhh, that might explain why it wasn't the usual color, it was more of a yellowish color but still the same consistency as blood. well, that's good to know and hey, at least she'll be powder fresh after her new moult! I also wanted to mention..i have a robustum that was bleeding from a leg a while back..i stopped the bleeding right away and all was fine but then it dropped the leg.then it moulted and had a close to normal new leg. but then a couple days ago, it started bleeding from the same leg but on the other side, and it only bled a tiny bit before i stopped it, but then i noticed today that it dropped that leg as well. Does losing that little blood cause them to do this?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry its called exuvial fluid and it actually digests a layer of the exoskelitan to aid in molting. then the extra fluid is reabsorbed and digested. going to have to do a little more reading on this.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sorry its called exuvial fluid and it actually digests a layer of the exoskelitan to aid in molting. then the extra fluid is reabsorbed and digested. going to have to do a little more reading on this.
I knew it proberly had a name I just never looked to see what it was thank you for posting that.:worship: